Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Schunke won't have time to visit schools until summer - he is now in travel wrestling season. He appears to have about as many D1 wrestling offer as football scholarship offers.

4-star IOL Navarro Schunke updates recruitment through busy wrestling schedule​

Joe Spears•about 4 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Joe Spears
joe_spears7
Navarro Schunke

2024 four-star IOL Navarro Schunke
A mauler on the field and the wrestling mat, winning is all Brandon (S.D.) four-star interior offensive lineman Navarro Schunke knows how to do. One of the top-rated lineman in the country, Schunke also just wrapped up the wrestling season where he won his fourth straight state title.
The high school wrestling season for Schunke ended in February but he’s now transitioning over to the travel season. On top of that, Schunke also acknowledges that he’ll have to start setting up visits for football to get an idea of where he may end up going.
Holding a plethora of football and wrestling offers, finding the right fit with the right people is what matters most to Schunke.
“I want to go out and see more places before I fully know where I’m going to commit,” Schunke, the No. 212 overall prospect and No. 8 interior offensive lineman in the 2024 On300, told Tater Island. “These visits are going to show me more than anything I’ve done so far. Coaching wise, I’ll be able to meet the coaches face-to-face because I haven’t been able to do that with everyone yet.
… I’ll be able to see and really feel if it’s the place I want to go. Education wise, I want to find a place that I know I’ll be able to go there, work and possibly get my masters if I choose to do that.”
On top of wrestling offers from Michigan, NC State, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and others, Schunke also holds Power Five football offers from Arizona State, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska and Pittsburgh.
Schunke hasn’t set any visit dates yet but said that he’ll likely take them later in summer closer to when the 2023 season kicks off.
For now Schunke is enjoying the process while also enjoying another season of non-stop winning on the mats.

Nebraska coming hard at Schunke​

In January Schunke may not have been able to get out to any schools for visits but he had several coaches come and visit him including Nebraska offensive line coach Donovan Raiola.
“It’s was pretty wild,” Schunke said. “I would just get called out of class and I’d be told by head coach that so and so was here. It was neat getting to experience that but I want to get out to schools myself.”
The Cornhuskers currently sit as the heavy favorite to land a commitment from Schunke according to the Tater Island Recruiting Prediction Machine at 69.8%. Nebraska offered Schunke while Scott Frost was still in charge but have remained in contact with him despite the coaching change.
“I don’t know all of the new coaches yet but maybe once I figure out where I’m going, I may head down to Nebraska,” Schunke said.

Illinois is one of his top schools right now​

Schunke hasn’t gotten to visit Illinois yet but noted the Fighting Illini as one of the top schools he’s looking into and hoping to visit at some point soon.
Illinois extended an offer to Schunke on January 23 and since then he said that he’s been in constant contact with their coaches through calls.
“I met with all of the coaches on a call and they all seemed really great,” Schunke said. “I’ve talked to them a fair amount in recent weeks so I’ve gotten to know them pretty well and I like them a lot.”

Pittsburgh has longstanding relationship with him​

Pittsburgh’s shown in interest in Schunke for nearly a year now. He picked up an offer from the Panthers last April and said that they’re still near the top of his list.
The thought of playing in a professional stadium is something that appeals to Schunke. Also getting practice alongside the six-time Super Bowl champions is something that Pitts’ coaching staff uses in their pitch.
“I haven’t been out to Pitt yet to see anything but I like the coaches and how they told me they basically practice side-by-side with the Steelers,” Schunke said. “I thought that was pretty sweet and I viewed it as a challenge in a way because that’s the level I want to get to.”

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Bell West coach says he's advising McMorris and Hall to figure it out (visits and etc etc.) and pull the trigger on their commitments in April or May so they lock in a spot and avoid getting bumped by schools bringing in transfers.

Not saying that's what those dudes will do but that's what their coach is putting out there.

Seems like good advice.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

this 4 star is coming to Nebraska 3/24 with Raiola - see bolded part of story

2024 Polynesian Bowl announces four-star WR Ryan Pellum​

ByGREG BIGGINS 5 hours ago

Long Beach (Calif.) Millikan wide out Ryan Pellum is the latest four-star prospect added to the 2024 Polynesian Bowl.

Pellum is one of the nation’s top receiver prospects in the ’24 class. He’s currently rated the No. 49 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite and No. 50 in the Top247.

He’s a player that has been on our radar since middle school and he was already picking up scholarship offers as a freshman. He's an explosive pass catcher who's a talented cornerback as well but schools like him on the offensive side of the ball.

He's a true home run threat who can score from anywhere on the field. He's very good after the catch and the type of big play receiver you can throw a short hitch to and he can make 3-4 guys miss and take it to the house.

"I'm very excited about this opportunity, it's an honor for sure," Pellum said. "I've never been to Hawaii so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like out there.

"I've heard so many great things about the culture and the food. It's going to be an amazing opportunity to play my last high school game out there in Hawaii so I'm thankful for the opportunity."

Pellum said he has been watching the Polynesian Bowl since he got to high school.

"I remember watching Justin Flowe play in the game and thinking how fun it would be to play in the game too," Pellum said. "You had Travis Hunter a couple of years ago and that was big too.

"There has been a lot of great players in this game and I'm excited for the chance to compete with some of the best skill players in the country. It's an amazing opportunity."

The Polynesian Bowl has become one of the premier high school all-star games in the nation. The celebration of culture and football is what makes the game unique. The 2024 Polynesian Bowl will be televised live on the NFL Network.

“The Polynesian Bowl has become the hottest high school football all-star invitation,” said 4x Super Bowl Champion and Polynesian Football Hall of Fame Chairman Jesse Sapolu. “Paki will have an experience of a lifetime.”

On the recruiting front, Pellum named an original top 10 list of Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Penn State and UCLA. Since then, Nebraska and USC have entered the picture.

“I’ve been to USC a couple of times in the last month and liked it there a lot,” Pellum said. “The first visit was with my mom and that was his first chance meet Lincoln Riley and the coaches and she loved it.

“Then I went back for a spring practice last weekend with my brother and that was cool too. I like their offense a lot and they always have really good quarterbacks and wide receivers."

Pellum will visit Nebraska March 24 and Oregon on April 13.

"I'm excited to see Nebraska, they have been coming on," Pellum said. "I'll be going there with Dylan (Raiola), we've been talking a lot so that should be fun. I've been to Oregon a lot already and I would say they're recruiting me the hardest right now along with USC.

"I don't have dates yet but I want to visit Michigan, Alabama and LSU too. I've been to those schools before on unofficial visits and liked it a lot so I'm excited to go back there and meet with the coaches again. From there, I'll decide on my official visits and hopefully be able to make a decision end of the summer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds