Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread

Wiltfong today made it sound like it could get very interesting if Nebraska can start strong. He was talking about David Sanders Jr. Starts around the 11 minute mark

I didn't watch that video yet, but I think it's pretty obvious from reading what's been put out there that a 6-0 or 5-1 start would be a huge boost in recruiting. Rhule and Raiola have a ton of eyes on Nebraska at this point and if the team can hold up their end of the deal, you're going to see buy in from these top end recruits really quickly. If we start strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see us have an '05 level class this year or next.

I might've told this story before, but one of my friends in middle school had a really, really hot younger mom. Most of my friends had parents in their late 40s at that point, but this kid had a mom that was probably like 34 and smoking hot.

Anyway, one weekend we all wanted to see a movie and she got permission from our parents to take us to see American Pie when it was in theaters. Of course, none of us knew about the Stiffler's mom storyline going in and we had never heard the term MILF before, but poor Danny's life got a bit harder after that day. Also, I can't even imagine how uncomfortable his mom was watching that movie with all of us while she probably realized that we all thought she was hot.
I wonder what she's up to nowadays

If we start strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see us have an '05 level class this year or next.
I’d guess if we’re going to get to that level, it would be next year not this year. I don’t see Rhule as the type to drop half his committed class to fit in all the four/five stars it would take to get a top five class. This class is too far along to make that kind of jump, though I agree we could get some late gems/flips. Just not enough to compare to the ‘05 class*. The ‘26 class is the one that could take a jump.

*As a reminder, that class had six players rated 5.9 or better by Rivals. Our current class has zero at this time.

I’d guess if we’re going to get to that level, it would be next year not this year. I don’t see Rhule as the type to drop half his committed class to fit in all the four/five stars it would take to get a top five class. This class is too far along to make that kind of jump, though I agree we could get some late gems/flips. Just not enough to compare to the ‘05 class*. The ‘26 class is the one that could take a jump.

*As a reminder, that class had six players rated 5.9 or better by Rivals. Our current class has zero at this time.
Yeah I could see either or. I wouldn't be surprised to see some bumps after senior season evals similar to a few guys last year - and a few bumps we've already seen. Add in guys like Sanders and Terry and it could get close. But on the safer bet, I'd agree it'd be the '26 class.

She was on the TV show Two Broke Girls. She claimed that being a Milf playing Stiflers Mom helped her bang an additional 200 people. Those are some impressive numbers for anyone not named Tommy Lee or Charlie Sheen. Looks like she's not afraid to go Heels Up

Wasn't he asking about the 34-year old smokin' hot mom from the story? Not Stiffler's mom?

Also, Jennifer Coolige is in a ton of commercials right now, it seems. Seems like she's in a radio commercial every break for some credit card.

Wasn't he asking about the 34-year old smokin' hot mom from the story? Not Stiffler's mom?

Also, Jennifer Coolige is in a ton of commercials right now, it seems. Seems like she's in a radio commercial every break for some credit card.
There's no possible way to extrapolate from the previous story how she may have gotten all these gigs.

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Kansas City high school football coaches on region’s best recruiters​

(first part of the article is about the Kansas & Misery coaches)

What other programs stand out for how they recruit the area?​

Coach 1: If you get in that 500 or so mile radius, Nebraska has come back strong with (Matt) Rhule in our area and (linebackers coach Rob) Dvoracek and (E.J.) Barthel, the running back coach. Cockeye has always had a good presence with their coaches, and they’ve always been really good. Cockeye State’s always been around and they’ve done a nice job. I hated to see (Nathan) Scheelhaase head out to the NFL because I thought he was really good. But (Matt) Campbell has made his presence felt in Kansas City.
Coach 2: We’ve had everybody. We’ve had Notre Dame, Alabama. I was impressed with a lot of them, honestly. I loved the way the Oregon head coach, (Dan) Lanning, put it back on my guy. Like, he asked him, “What do you want?” My guy is, “Well, I’m going to look at the depth chart.” And he goes, “Oh, so you think you can get to the pros by going to some place and not competing for a job?” I thought that was pretty interesting. He threw it back on the kid, which most people don’t do anymore. They don’t want to piss off the kid and lose him.
Coach 3: Dan Lanning at the University of Oregon is a Kansas City guy. I’ve known him for a very long time, and he has that same relationship with a lot of the Kansas City area. Then you also have Willie Fritz at the University of Houston. He’s a Kansas City guy. Dave Doeren out at NC State, he’s a Bishop Miege, Kansas City guy. I think of Phil Longo up at the University of Wisconsin, he very much has that Midwest, “I’m only a phone call away.”
Coach 4: Cockeye State is really good. They do an outstanding job of being down here. It will be interesting with coach Scheelhaase, who was there for a while and now he left, he was a Kansas City guy and he recruited the area really well. They just have an incredible program that is another program that develops players.
Coach 6: I’d love to give a ton of credit to coach Rhule’s Nebraska staff. They’ve just done a fantastic job, and it’s a change. In the past, they’ve kind of paid lip service to recruiting (the area), and they’ve been very thorough and very genuine in recruiting recently.
Coach 7: South Dakota State, they do a great job coming down here, coach (Robbie) Rouse is our recruiter out here. He’s always done a great job of building relationships, not only with me but with the kids as well.
Coach 8: Nebraska does a good job of kind of getting out there. Cockeye State’s great. (Nationally), they’re only coming in if they see a kid that they want. (USC coach) Lincoln Riley landed a plane, came up for five minutes, just to say hi. It’s just crazy how much money and how much stuff they can move around. And if they want the kid there, they’re gonna be really, really
good at it.

Who is the best recruiting head coach you’ve dealt with?​

Coach 1: There’s something about Matt Rhule. His relatability, his genuineness. He seems like a guy that when you talk to him, he’s really listening and cares what you’re saying to him. Not that the others don’t. But there’s more of that with him. I’ve just been really impressed with him. And I can see why he has done what he’s done at the college level and what he’s about to do at Nebraska.
Coach 3: I think hands down that I’ve dealt with would be Willie Fritz. Locally, I think K-State, KU do a very good job. I think MU has a lot of irons in the fire. Obviously, we deal with area recruiters just as much. But Lanning, Fritz, Leipold and Klieman I think do a fantastic job.
Coach 4: Coach Drink. I think coach (Barry) Odom has done a great job. At each stop he was at — Missouri, then Arkansas and now at UNLV — he’s always been so visible at our school and in Kansas City. And I think he’s kind of created the same pipeline out to UNLV and just has done an outstanding job of recruiting kids and just kind of knowing the area. His background of being at Mizzou for so long just gives him a leg up on some of those guys.
Coach 5: It’s got to be between K-State and Cockeye State. It’s just the personal touch that they had being head coaches and coming into your building and kind of seeing those kids. Just to see those guys in the building and care for those kids that they’ve offered, I think is a really good touch in the recruiting process.
Coach 6: The best recruiting head coach I’ve dealt with so far is probably coach Klieman. I’ve only met with Drink one time and he was fantastic in the meeting, but coach Leipold is a very genuine friendly guy. Coach Rhule was very accommodating and an open book when he came in and just seemed very honest and real. I’ve gotten to know the Cockeye staff over the years pretty well, and they’ve always recruited us pretty heavily.
Coach 7: Coach Klieman I would say probably does the best job I feel like in terms of getting kids at K-State for game day visits and getting them to camps and getting them excited, where a lot of kids feel like that’s a place where they want to go. I hear that more out of K-State than Mizzou and KU, I would say.
Coach 8: We have three amazing schools right now with amazing people leading their programs. I don’t know that you can go back and look at KU, K-State and Mizzou and think there’s ever been a time where all three of them have been this good as they are right now. It all starts with their head coaches.

Which assistant coaches stand out for how they recruit?​

Coach 1: I love Conor Riley at K-State who comes through. I really liked coach (Andy) Kotelnicki when he was at KU, but he’s now at Penn State. I thought Jordan Peterson when he was at KU did a really nice job, and he’s now down at Texas A&M. Erik Link over at Missouri has come over and done a really nice job. And like I said, Nebraska with Dvoracek and Matt Rhule. And then Cockeye State, Scheelhaase was doing a great job, but he’s not there now.
Coach 3: You get a lot more assistant coaches kind of rolling in and out. So I think longevity is something that is always nice. Conor Riley has always had the Kansas City area. I think he does a fantastic job. Jake Schoonover down at Ole Miss, he does a fantastic job.
Coach 4: My top one would have been Nathan Scheelhaase, but he left. He was outstanding. Coach Dvoracek up at Nebraska. He’s outstanding. He’s the linebackers guy and does our recruiting area here. He still comes down and checks in, even if we don’t have players. Another guy that does a great job is coach Miguel Chavis at Oklahoma. He’s the D-line coach there. Great personality, connects with kids just like coach Drink. He’s going to be a guy that I think will be a head coach soon. He’s just got that ability to connect with these kids and get them to buy in.
Coach 5: I really liked coach (Blake) Baker at Mizzou (now defensive coordinator at LSU). He would sit and just talk ball. The Cockeye State and the K-State guys do a really good job of just coming in and sitting down and answering questions. Cockeye State and K-State are the two top ones that stood out.
Coach 6: At KU, the guy that was in our building the most is now at Penn State. Andy Kotelnicki did a fantastic job recruiting our building. And then at K-State, Taylor Braet. Everyone knows his story and how much of a true Kansan he is.
Coach 7: Erik Link from Mizzou. He’s always done a great job of reaching out about kids, and if I need anything, I can reach out to him. He’s always done a really good job of just building that bridge with us.
Coach 8: Coach (Conor) Riley’s the Kansas City guy at K-State. He’s been an amazing recruiter. He was the Kansas City guy when he was at North Dakota State.

Which schools should be doing a better job of recruiting the greater Kansas City area and why?​

Coach 1: I’m a little surprised that the Colorados of the world, those kinds of schools that aren’t that far away, that there’s not more of a Kansas City presence. Maybe they spend a lot more time in Texas and out west. But I would think they can do well in Kansas City and St. Louis because Missouri is a pretty good football state. And then the eastern side of the Big Ten Conference you don’t see much. You’re not going to see Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland. But you’re going to see the western Big Ten: Illinois, Cockeye and all them.
Coach 3: I’ve never spoken to a Missouri State coach up until about a year ago. I know that’s an FCS school. But they’re starting to get in this area a little bit more with the new staff that they have, which is fantastic. I would love to see Arkansas come up a little bit more. Same thing with Oklahoma. They will get involved in the area when they know that there’s a Power 5 kid involved.
Coach 5: Missouri State, especially now that they’re (FBS). I think that they probably need to do a better job of getting into Kansas City and kind of establishing a footprint here. A lot of kids that I think they miss are going to North Dakota State and playing that FCS ball, which is fine. There’s a lot of kids that they miss because they don’t really come in here and set the tone in Kansas City.
Coach 6: OU was here quite a bit this spring, but that’s really the first time they’ve been heavy in our building. I know with the state of Texas and the state of Oklahoma, the talent level and the availability of quality high school players, that they don’t feel like they need to come up to Kansas City as much. So I would say both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
Coach 7: Northwest Missouri State. They’ve kind of fallen off a little bit for sure the last couple years, and it shows. They’re not really getting into the playoffs. They were a big-time school in the Kansas City area for a long time, and a lot of kids were choosing to go there over some D-Is in the past.
Coach 8: (Cockeye and Michigan are) not going to come down here unless they think there’s somebody down here. I’m not saying they’re all necessarily Power 5 guys, but there’s some really good football players that I think some of the Division II guys should be better at checking in on.

Time to slide Dvoracek some more cash?

Last edited:
I might've told this story before, but one of my friends in middle school had a really, really hot younger mom. Most of my friends had parents in their late 40s at that point, but this kid had a mom that was probably like 34 and smoking hot.

Anyway, one weekend we all wanted to see a movie and she got permission from our parents to take us to see American Pie when it was in theaters. Of course, none of us knew about the Stiffler's mom storyline going in and we had never heard the term MILF before, but poor Danny's life got a bit harder after that day. Also, I can't even imagine how uncomfortable his mom was watching that movie with all of us while she probably realized that we all thought she was hot.
Don't kid yourself....she liked it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back