Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread

We aren’t getting Sanders but there is a difference in a recruit and family genuinely being interested vs creating a top 4 for the sake of suspense. Sanders would be happy picking us but we aren’t going to be the choice.

That distinction is being overblown into “we have a shot”. It’ll be OSU or Tennessee.
Believe Yourself Dog GIF by Originals

We aren’t getting Sanders but there is a difference in a recruit and family genuinely being interested vs creating a top 4 for the sake of suspense. Sanders would be happy picking us but we aren’t going to be the choice.

That distinction is being overblown into “we have a shot”. It’ll be OSU or Tennessee.
I would add that Nebraska as a brand being valuable to have in a top anything puts us closer to landing these recruits after a season or two of winning than trying to reestablish that. I don’t see the “using us for engagement” as a negative we just aren’t in a position as a contender to get them to sign.

Who was that wr from Moore Oklahoma that randomly committed despite being a subpar track athlete with no other offers?

Tater Island Bigly dropped Christian Jones now, too. He’s an 88 rated 3 star now.

Bee boy (Shull) from Oklahoma is up to a Top 25 player now as well.
Did they drop Jones even further? He's been a 3 Star on On 3 for a least a few months now. Composite 4 Star though.

Who was that wr from Moore Oklahoma that randomly committed despite being a subpar track athlete with no other offers?
Demariyon Houston? Ended up transferring to Mizzou and I think he's back in the portal again iirc.

Looks like he dropped from #1 in the state to #5 on their rankings?
I think that's been like that for awhile just in their ratings. Look at the composite he's still #1. If you look at the visitor list it shows him as 4 Star #1 in the state because they use the composite there. It's kind of confusing how they do it.

Screenshot_20240708-222145_Chrome.jpg

Pooberry only shows as 3 Star because he is only a 4 Star on On 3
Screenshot_20240708-222524_Chrome.jpg

Demariyon Houston? Ended up transferring to Mizzou and I think he's back in the portal again iirc.
Houston was in our 2019 class. He still has eligibility left?

And Houston as a good track athlete, so I don't think that's who he is referring to. Maybe to the guy who was the first recruit in this year's class who decomitted long ago. Don't remember his name either.

Houston was in our 2019 class. He still has eligibility left?

And Houston as a good track athlete, so I don't think that's who he is referring to. Maybe to the guy who was the first recruit in this year's class who decomitted long ago. Don't remember his name either.
Yup, somehow still has another year left. Entered the portal in December, but after looking it up hasn't seemed to land anywhere. Hard to believe we took him from Texas.

Are you talking CJ Simon then?

The poor kid literally can't take a photo with anyone who isn't.
I might've told this story before, but one of my friends in middle school had a really, really hot younger mom. Most of my friends had parents in their late 40s at that point, but this kid had a mom that was probably like 34 and smoking hot.

Anyway, one weekend we all wanted to see a movie and she got permission from our parents to take us to see American Pie when it was in theaters. Of course, none of us knew about the Stiffler's mom storyline going in and we had never heard the term MILF before, but poor Danny's life got a bit harder after that day. Also, I can't even imagine how uncomfortable his mom was watching that movie with all of us while she probably realized that we all thought she was hot.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back