Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
iu

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

He has only played HS football one season - last year - and is a 3 star

Door not closed on Amare Sanders and Nebraska​

Latest on Gulliver Prep defender Amare Sanders and where Nebraska stands​

MIKE SCHAEFER38 minsVIP0

Gulliver Prep defensive back Amare Sanders visited Nebraska on June 2 and was blown away by the whole experience.

After that the defensive back didn’t take another official visit, but he did get over to Florida for an unofficial. Sanders, however, is eyeing a couple potential trips during the July period and the defender still believes the Huskers are a strong option.

Why? Because even after Nebraska added a few defensive backs Evan Cooper hasn’t stopped calling.

‌“Definitely hearing from them, Nebraska is definitely one of my options for sure,” he said. “Coach Cooper and I have conversations almost every day. Definitely have that connection with him and still in communication.”

Cooper has made it clear to Sanders that Nebraska can take him if the defensive back wants to go there.

“We’ve talked and he said there’s still a spot for me with Nebraska,” Sanders said.

The Huskers will have to hold off any of the visits Sanders might set up in July. The defensive back is looking at July trips and wants to make a decision this summer. He’s looking at any and all of Duke, Florida State and Virginia. Nothing has been scheduled.

Sanders is an intriguing player and one the Huskers might like because he’s still relatively raw and hasn’t played long enough to develop bad habits.

The defender’s older brother plays basketball at Notre Dame and Sanders at one time thought the hardwood would be his future and instead has blossomed into a Power Five football prospect.

The June 2 visit to Lincoln proved to be a good one. Sanders said he regularly talks with Mario Buford and others who were in town that weekend. The group chat from the visit weekend remains active, even if several of the guys won’t ultimately end up at Nebraska.

The Huskers impressed Sanders and his family, who still talk about what a surprise Lincoln turned out to be and how much they all enjoyed the time around Matt Rhule, Cooper and the rest of the team.

“I feel like the relationship — we’ve connected really well with Nebraska, me and my family,” Sanders said. “There’s the family culture and we feel like there’s similar backgrounds up there from what we are in Miami. Everything that Nebraska offers us, I just feel like it’s a strong option for me and my family. We’re just going to keep building that relationship moving forward.”

Sanders is a three-star as rated by 247Sports and 247Sports Composite.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
why do people think that a retweet is supposed to mean the coach believes the kid is in? A lot of coaches develop relationships with kids. They're likely happy for them.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
why do people think that a retweet is supposed to mean the coach believes the kid is in? A lot of coaches develop relationships with kids. They're likely happy for them.
The RT also works as a self promotion to show other recruits that we are at the top of lots of lists regardless of where the kid ends up. It's all good publicity and doesn't hurt anything by simply retweeting. Gotta get your brand in front of as many eyeballs as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds