Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July recruiting thread

Well at least we made the final 4

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

It’s gotta be engagement farming or a pretty drastic change of heart. He was on the Tater Island+ camp and told Sean Callahan we weren’t in his top 6 and the only reason he visited was Raiola.
If we land a 5* OT who anchors our new pipeline & misleads Sean Callahan, that might rival Raiola for the most amazing recruit of all time.

David Sanders confuses me honestly.... He left us off his top 6 and all reports were that Clemson was the overwhelming favorite at this point. Do we have any real info on his recruitment to date?

I could easily see this being a scenario where he pulls the Clemson hat from under the table or something when he does announce.

David Sanders confuses me honestly.... He left us off his top 6 and all reports were that Clemson was the overwhelming favorite at this point. Do we have any real info on his recruitment to date?

I could easily see this being a scenario where he pulls the Clemson hat from under the table or something when he does announce.
From Wiltfong:

August decision set for David Sanders Jr.

As Tater Island’s Hayes Fawcett first reported, the Charlotte (NC) Providence Day School five-star plus offensive tackle will announce his commitment on Aug. 17.

The finalists are Georgia, Nebraska, Ohio State and Tennessee.

“Excited for the future,” Sanders told Tater Island on Sunday evening.

“Just not wanting to go too deep in David’s senior season. We want him to make his decision and enjoy his time left at home.”

I’ve given Ohio State the inch or two lead at this point in the process but there is still a lot of time for Sanders and his family to pour over the details in trying to find that next home.

With the Buckeyes, Sanders likes the track record of player development and the resources the players have being in Columbus. He is an aspiring sports medicine major that has visited OSU three times this calendar year including the official visit the weekend of June 21.

The Vols have surged this year as well and they’re in great position for the stretch run. Sanders has been to Knoxville four times this year including the spring game, the summer 865 Live Event and his official in June. He likes the coaching staff and has done everything there to date including a day in a life of a student-athlete.

Georgia has been at the top or near the top at times in this recruitment as well. Nebraska is the one that has slowly rised the ranks. Former five-star quarterback Dylan Raiola flipping his commitment from the Bulldogs to the Huskers at the end of the 2024 cycle was an eye-opener for Sanders. He took his official visit to Lincoln over Mother’s Day weekend.

There is a week in late July where Sanders could take another round of visits so we’ll see if the family gets back on the trail one more time ahead of his August commitment date.

As of today I give the Buckeyes the slight edge over the Vols.

The Tater Island Industry ranks Sanders as the nation’s No. 1 offensive tackle and No. 2 prospect overall.

The only real info we have is that he logged the most visits to Ohio State and Tennessee so it's probably one of them. Unless he decides to roll back through town in late July, Nebraska is out of it.

Fun Raiola got him to visit though.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back