Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bill Bedenbaugh, the OL coach at OU, is generally considered to be one of the big OL recruiting names in the country. This is how bad OU OL recruiting is this year:

1689093644294.png

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Because he loves his son and has a great relationship with him? One of these times it will be the last time that you pick up and carry your kids. My oldest is 6 and sometimes still asks me to carry her to bed...I will always say yes because one of those nights will be the last night I do it....
I was driving my 11 year old home from basketball practice last night. Occasionally he'll reach over and hold my hand while I'm driving, last night was one of those occassions. I said, "You know some day you won't want to hold my hand anymore" and he said, "Yeah I know, but I still want to now"

I will hold my kids hands, kiss them good night and hug them every morning until they won't let me. Makes me sad thinking about not getting to do that anymore.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was driving my 11 year old home from basketball practice last night. Occasionally he'll reach over and hold my hand while I'm driving, last night was one of those occassions. I said, "You know some day you won't want to hold my hand anymore" and he said, "Yeah I know, but I still want to now"

I will hold my kids hands, kiss them good night and hug them every morning until they won't let me. Makes me sad thinking about not getting to do that anymore.
I held my dad's hand when my grandpa passed. Sometimes those moments will revisit you even if they are bittersweet.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Stop it

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

My 4 year old daughter is notorious when it comes to anytime I squat down she instantly vaults onto my shoulders and wants carried around. Complete Daddy’s girl and an ornery little shit. She makes life interesting. I still have a few years to go of it until I lose my mind with 3 teenage girls.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

damn.. I dont even have kids and you make me teary.

TBH, and gonna get soft, I actually think about this regularly for my non-exsistent kids. Makes me sad to think theyll grow up... same with pups.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
3 teenage girls
hanging episode 9 GIF

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
My 4 year old daughter is notorious when it comes to anytime I squat down she instantly vaults onto my shoulders and wants carried around. Complete Daddy’s girl and an ornery little shit. She makes life interesting. I still have a few years to go of it until I lose my mind with 3 teenage girls.
3 daughters as well...but mine are 6, 3 and 1.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
damn.. I dont even have kids and you make me teary.

TBH, and gonna get soft, I actually think about this regularly for my non-exsistent kids. Makes me sad to think theyll grow up... same with pups.
Yep, 10 years from being an empty nester. It makes me realize why grandparents love grandbabies so much. They just want that feeling back of having their little kid at home with them.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Yep, 10 years from being an empty nester. It makes me realize why grandparents love grandbabies so much. They just want that feeling back of having their little kid at home with them.
I have had a lot of older couples tell me to have as many kids as I can and don’t think about financials or anything else and that I’ll cherish it when they adults and you have 30+ grandkids.

That being said I have 0 and have yet to settle down enough to have any that I’m aware of.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG

4954232.gif

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member

My girls were always like that. Any time they saw me walking towards the bottom of the steps, they'd jump out to see if I'd catch them... It's sweet until they hit high school and do it and throw your back out as you try to catch them... :)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska a school to watch for do-everything offensive athlete​

Huskers appear far from done with offensive athletes this recruiting cycle​

MIKE SCHAEFER115 minsVIP5

Nebraska isn’t done in Texas for 2024 and it may not even be done at running back from the state as well. The Huskers took Kewan Lacy in June, but another name has emerged and could be visiting later this month.

Derrick McFall, a four-star running back/offensive athlete out of Tyler, Texas, is looking at a visit up to Lincoln later this month per network sources.

McFall, similar to Jacory Barney, would be another do-everything type athlete in the class, as he’s played quarterback, running back and receiver each of his past two seasons for Tyler.

This write up on McFall by 247Sports director of scouting, Andrew Ivins, in a larger piece taking about the best players at a Los Angeles 7-on-7 event explains why Nebraska, and specifically Matt Rhule and company, would have interest in the athlete:

“He’s technically graded out as an 'athlete' by 247Sports, but said as he walked off the field that he’s being recruited by most schools to line up in the backfield at the next level.

Who knows if McFall is ever going to get 15 to 20 carries at the next level, but he proved to be a difficult cover and point caught four straight passes for California Power before eventually crossing into the end zone. McFall, who has legit track times, recently took an official visit to Louisville. He’s also in contact with Texas, Texas A&M and TCU.”

Nebraska is certainly in the market for athletes and have already talked with Lacy and others about how they’ll be used in a variety of ways moving forward. McFall would fit and would be another intriguing piece for Marcus Satterfield to have at his disposal, if the Huskers are able to sell him on the vision that has won over multiple players from the Lone Star State.

The Other Dave

Backup Towelboy
Elite Member
Since this turned into a family thread: I have a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. My 4 y/o keeps trying to sleep in our bed. I tell her each time that she won’t get a little sister if she keeps interrupting mommy and daddy. Luckily we lock our door, but she knocks so loud that it can wake our 2 y/o. I’m sure I’ll miss this someday….

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Since this turned into a family thread: I have a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. My 4 y/o keeps trying to sleep in our bed. I tell her each time that she won’t get a little sister if she keeps interrupting mommy and daddy. Luckily we lock our door, but she knocks so loud that it can wake our 2 y/o. I’m sure I’ll miss this someday….
I got progressively worse with each kid. Oldest never slept in our bed. Youngest was quite a bit. They grow out of it but better sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds