Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Interesting assessment of Colorado (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
He went in dry on Deion.

It's definitely o.k. to think Whitlock is a moron, but like him just this one time for being honest.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Probably so. 1-11 to 6-6 is impressive.

They've just gotten a lot of luck in those 3 wins. You generally don't get luck like that over 12 games. It always evens out.

Also I'm sorry to come off as a Deion hater - but they'd be 1-2 if they did not have Shedeur. I'm realizing now that that was a big reason Deion was so confident this offseason - he knew he had a top 4 QB in the nation. I really think Shedeur is so good that he's papered over the fact that the team isn't very good.

Even w Shedeur the team could easily be 1-2....then they'd be staring down a 3-9 season. I actually like what Deion is doing - I'm not a hater - but I'm also honest about the fact that they've had some ridiculously bad play on the other side so far. It's taken quite a bit of good fortune for them to be 3-0. That's going to run out starting tomorrow.
Yeah they have been lucky, but I think that isn't going to matter pretty soon. They are going to get beat soundly about 6 times the rest of the season. Not sure if they will end up 5-7 or 6-6. I think it will depend on how well they deal with adversity, they could easily fall apart.

Sanders is a good QB, but I think the real star for Colorado is Lewis the OC. Doubt he'll be there next season, he'll get P5 offers to be a HC.

Going to be real interesting to see how they deal with some big losses and with injuries, things could easily snowball into a mess. I look forward to it.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
FIFY

But they do so kind of a moot point.
It's not a moot point though as far as the big picture is concerned. RE: is Deion a savant/genius that is changing CFB forever? There are highly visible CFB pundits who legitimately think that Deion is going to be the next Bear Bryant.

The fact that Deion's entire success so far rests on the fact that a top 5 QB in the country is his biological son is pretty central to the overall thesis. That's the whole reason this worked so well. People aren't acknowledging that - they're going "everyone was wrong about Deion's roster overhaul". Actually they aren't wrong - his roster is a 2-10 roster. But Deion happens to have a son that is so good at QB he's willing that 2-10 roster to possibly finish 6-6.

Deion is right now being evaluated by legit schools sizing him up wondering if he IS the next Bear Bryant. I certainly wouldn't place any faith in this guy until I see him do this without having the ace in the hole of having a son who's a 1st round NFL QB.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sanders is a good QB, but I think the real star for Colorado is Lewis the OC. Doubt he'll be there next season, he'll get P5 offers to be a HC.
There's no chance Lewis is there next year. Zero chance. He'll get a HC job. He was pissed he didn't get the Cincinnati job that's why he took the CU coordinator job - he knew that would create some visibility for him. This year is a live action resume for him (and I'd say it's going well).

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going to be real interesting to see how they deal with some big losses and with injuries, things could easily snowball into a mess. I look forward to it.
Unfortunately since we have CU on our schedule for next year we have to care about them. We need their situation to devolve into a complete shit show. 5-7 means they go 2-7 from now to the end of the season. That would get ugly there.

IMHO if CU goes 9-3 this year that is a major problem for that NU/CU game next year. If CU goes 9-3 that is proof of concept of Deion and that means he's getting almost any player he wants out of the portal this offseason. Pt 2 of the overhaul and it would be successful.

If they end the season 2-7 w several blowouts that will hopefully create enough doubt with some of those portal targets that they stick w teams like LSU/UT/FSU/Bama etc and not take a chance on CU. If CU starts getting blown out on these national TV games the interest/swagger/ratings etc is all going to plummet for Colorado. Remember CU is likely never going to have the strength in NIL that those SEC schools have, so CU's recruiting relies on that mystique/swagger/PR that they are getting right now. If they don't have that then their recruiting will suffer.

Again, I hate that I have to care about those fuckers but we do. Rhule has to make a big progress/move in year 2....he can't afford to get humiliated by Prime again in the early season. That will crush the momentum he'll be trying to build in year 2.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree his kid is a stud and the reason they are 3-0. He has great poise. We kicked the shit out of him for a good portion of the game and he never got rattled. We know if you don’t have a qb you’re fucked.
we'd be 3-0 and never pressed if Shedeur transferred here as well

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
There's no chance Lewis is there next year. Zero chance. He'll get a HC job. He was pissed he didn't get the Cincinnati job that's why he took the CU coordinator job - he knew that would create some visibility for him. This year is a live action resume for him (and I'd say it's going well).
I would add that if our defense stays on the same trajectory there is zero chance Tony White will be here next year. He'll be a HC, probably P5.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s not just good, that’s “Scott Frost” good
Taking a 1-11 team and making them 6-6? Right, Frost did to that.

FWIW I do not think Colorado will get to 6. This team's going to fall apart. They got a shot to beat ASU and Stanford....I have no idea who else they have even a 50-50 shot to beat.

Their locker room is going to be dicey after they get boat raced by USC next week as well.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds