Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

In Year 4 does Frost get a winning season? (4 Viewers)

In year 4 does Frost get a winning season this year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
We need the players on offense we expect to contribute to actually step up. That would go a long ways.
Agreed, but I feel like I read every year about how we aren't deep at some position and while true that also applies to a ton of teams that have really good years because players step up who were "weaknesses" in the preseason

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
not only oline, we found an established back who is consistent and WRs are actually on par of what they should be in Frost’s offense.
The offensive line is the biggest key. Hopefully they can build off the Rutgers game. If they play well Martinez will look a lot better. I get what you’re saying about the backs and receivers stepping up. I think the receivers will be solid. I’m not sold on our running backs.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Very interesting possible comparison that I could see unfortunately coming to light.

Illinois / Wake Forest: 3-point win
Fordham / Nevada: 42-point win
Buffalo / Ball St: 1-point win
Oklahoma / USC: 18-point loss
Michigan St / Cockeyes St: 17-point win
Northwestern /Colorado: 14-point loss
Michigan / Ok State: 31-point loss
Minnesota / Missouri: 35-point loss
Purdue / Kansas St: 42-point win
Ohio State / Kansas: 37-point loss
Wisconsin / Texas A&M: 22-point loss
Cockeyes / Texas: 3-point loss

5-7, would this save Frost? I think he wins 5-6 games this year AND gets another year after major staff changes. I still see QB injuries, turnovers and penalties kill this team/season. Hope I’m dead wrong and we win 8+ games.
The big thing I am worried about is 2AM with a significant injury. I think they could get by in the short term with Smothers.

I just don't think we will see him lose the team like Cally did.

The big reason why I think that could happen with Michigan is Harbaugh has a contract with a rounding error as a buy out. He is essentially a dead man walking if he doesn't win this year.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
The offensive line is the biggest key. Hopefully they can build off the Rutgers game. If they play well Martinez will look a lot better. I get what you’re saying about the backs and receivers stepping up. I think the receivers will be solid. I’m not sold on our running backs.

I have zero faith in Held right now to pick the correct back, look at year 1. Ozigbo starts off 3rd or 4th, even under Riley you could see he was clearly talented, I was a huge fan of him then and was disappointed when the first depth chart came out and seeing where he was placed, but assumed the JUCO back and what was in front of him must have been heads better. So I was fine…till the season actually started and saw the product on the field.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
The big thing I am worried about is 2AM with a significant injury. I think they could get by in the short term with Smothers.

I just don't think we will see him lose the team like Cally did.

The big reason why I think that could happen with Michigan is Harbaugh has a contract with a rounding error as a buy out. He is essentially a dead man walking if he doesn't win this year.

I know it’s hard to say as we have seen Smothers in limited action, but do you think he is better than LM?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have zero faith in Held right now to pick the correct back, look at year 1. Ozigbo starts off 3rd or 4th, even under Riley you could see he was clearly talented, I was a huge fan of him then and was disappointed when the first depth chart came out and seeing where he was placed, but assumed the JUCO back and what was in front of him must have been heads better. So I was fine…till the season actually started and saw the product on the field.
I don't think my dad was alive the last time Nebraska had mediocre running backs, so fuck Ryan Held

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I don't think my dad was alive the last time Nebraska had mediocre running backs, so fuck Ryan Held

Could you imagine Frost’s offense with 8 years of Helu, Burkhead and Abdullah. Still can’t believe we are going into Year 4 and I’m just hoping the offense is average -above average, when Frost was hired I definitely thought by year 3-4 we would be top 2-3 offense in the B1G and top 10 in the country.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Could you imagine Frost’s offense with 8 years of Helu, Burkhead and Abdullah. Still can’t believe we are going into Year 4 and I’m just hoping the offense is average -above average, when Frost was hired I definitely thought by year 3-4 we would be top 2-3 offense in the B1G and top 10 in the country.
Well I thought we'd be a playoff dark horse contender by now aaannndddd weeeelllllll ya know

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Well I thought we'd be a playoff dark horse contender by now aaannndddd weeeelllllll ya know

yeah I definitely thought the same with us competing for the division title and a minimum 9+ wins….could still happen, but not optimistic

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
yeah I definitely thought the same with us competing for the division title and a minimum 9+ wins….could still happen, but not optimistic
I'm much more optimistic for this season than I was last season. Just based on what we've read here and what we've seen on video, I feel like Frost is making the adjustments needed, ones that I silently hoped he would going into 2020. COVID may have played a part in that in the development department but I think those adjustments are being made. I know some on here won't totally agree with this sentiment, but I do think he's somewhat coaching for his job this year.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I voted winning season, because well I want to be positive. We will end up 6-6. Cause that just makes sense in my beaten down Husker fan world.

Currently me hoping for 8-4 or better.
I Hope Please GIF

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I voted winning season, because well I want to be positive. We will end up 6-6. Cause that just makes sense in my beaten down Husker fan world.

Currently me hoping for 8-4 or better.
I Hope Please GIF
Just genuinely speaking if we only get 6-6 out of this current roster, then Frost isn't who I thought he was when he was hired. I don't wanna say I'd be ready to move on at that point because I just don't have any interest in buying back into another rebuild, but I certainly just won't be as invested anymore until Fall Saturdays hit. For me, it's gotta be 7-5 at worst to keep my interest like it is going forward.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just genuinely speaking if we only get 6-6 out of this current roster, then Frost isn't who I thought he was when he was hired. I don't wanna say I'd be ready to move on at that point because I just don't have any interest in buying back into another rebuild, but I certainly just won't be as invested anymore until Fall Saturdays hit. For me, it's gotta be 7-5 at worst to keep my interest like it is going forward.

While I will agree to an extent, I would be extremely more invested in another rebuild rather than keeping Frost if he cannot get it done this year. This is has been an undisciplined, sloppy, mistake-prone team for 3 years now. If the same happens this year, then I think we all know that this trend will continue.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
While I will agree to an extent, I would be extremely more invested in another rebuild rather than keeping Frost if he cannot get it done this year. This is has been an undisciplined, sloppy, mistake-prone team for 3 years now. If the same happens this year, then I think we all know that this trend will continue.

I’d be fine with Frost sticking out another year if this upcoming year is another 4-6 win type season, only if he makes staff changes and brings in some serious coaching talent. I know though it’s a double-edge sword as some candidates will be turned off with the possibility of coming to Lincoln if Frost is on the hot seat.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Spot on for me. If I’m honest, it really should be 8-4.

The pieces are there and in place. Really no excuses.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds