Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

In Year 4 does Frost get a winning season? (1 Viewer)

In year 4 does Frost get a winning season this year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Poll question, Frost is entering his 6th season as a head coach, 4th at Nebraska and looking for only his second winning season still (first at Nebraska), hoping he can get it done.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
10-2 at best, 7-5 at worst

I don't think Wisconsin and Cockeyes are going to be as good as people think, which is why i'm inclined to put us closer to 10 wins
If we get 10 wins, Frost is gonna get a lifetime contract after this last decade or so of torment.

That being said, that's kinda my range too, but I lean closer to the 7-5.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
What we have going for us:
1. 4th year starting QB
2. Offense, defense, S&C systems all the same for the past 4 years - that adds up over time
3. OL and DL are solid. OL is inexperienced but they should get the job done against a majority of our opponents
4. We have a special teams coordinator this year who seems to know what he's doing and it sounds like we are focusing on ST this year - our special teams can't get any worse
5. Most of our defense is back
6. Most talented and complete roster since we joined Big 10
7. It sounds like Frost is going to focus on downhill running game and vertical passing
8. We are the most talented team in the West

Point being, even if Frost makes a few stupid calls in games and we have the usual penalties and turnovers, I think that the systems they have implemented will get us to at least 7 wins

Kaladin

Elite Member
I’m pretty sure this is said every year and yet…
People are claiming that Wisconsin might run the table this year

They're also putting Cockeye in the top 20 and I think one preseason poll had them in the top 10 but i might be wrong about that

Kaladin

Elite Member
I think 10-2 is pretty lofty. If he goes 9-3 this year everybody will be through the roof and the talk after the season will be if there’s a grad transfer QB out there that can get them over the next hurdle. I think 7-5 or 8-4
If we get 9 wins we add 4-5 good transfers, including a solid QB, then the 2022 hype will be through the roof

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Id be shocked and extremely happy with 8+ wins
8 would mean we beat everyone we should beat and go 1-2 against Cockeye, Wisconsin, and Michigan. 10 would mean we played as well as we could against everyone we played. I actually think Michigan will end up being the best of those 3 teams talent wise but the least consistent. So not totally unrealistic to catch them on a bad day. There's not a ton of separation between the worst team and the best team in the west.

Would take a miracle to beat OU or OSU. Both of them have fluke shitty games against at least one opponent a year. Rattler has a ton of hype and a ton of talent but he's been pretty inconsistent.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
8 would mean we beat everyone we should beat and go 1-2 against Cockeyes, Wisconsin, and Michigan. 10 would mean we played as well as we could against everyone we played. I actually think Michigan will end up being the best of those 3 teams talent wise but the least consistent. So not totally unrealistic to catch them on a bad day. There's not a ton of separation between the worst team and the best team in the west.

Would take a miracle to beat OU or OSU. Both of them have fluke shitty games against at least one opponent a year. Rattler has a ton of hype and a ton of talent but he's been pretty inconsistent.

8 teams on your should beat schedule?! I have 2!

should beat:
Fordham
Buffalo

Toss Up:
Illinois
Michigan State
Northwestern
Michigan
Minnesota
Purdue
Cockeye

shouldn’t beat:
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Wisconsin

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
8 teams on your should beat schedule?! I have 2!

should beat:
Fordham
Buffalo

Toss Up:
Illinois
Michigan State
Northwestern
Michigan
Minnesota
Purdue
Cockeyes

shouldn’t beat:
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Wisconsin
I'm saying should beat 7. Doesn't mean we will. Should have beat a lot of teams the last few years.

Cockeye, Wisconsin, Michigan won't say should beat but certainly can beat.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I'm saying should beat 7. Doesn't mean we will. Should have beat a lot of teams the last few years.

Cockeyes, Wisconsin, Michigan won't say should beat but certainly can beat.

how many categories do you have Jimmy?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If we get 10 wins, Frost is gonna get a lifetime contract after this last decade or so of torment.

That being said, that's kinda my range too, but I lean closer to the 7-5.
So it’s kinda funny my initial “Frost gets hired prediction” was 10 wins by Year 3 and a 5-8 year contract extension lol that being said, if we get to 8 wins this year, I’ll bet we do it again in 2022, break out for 10 wins in 2023 and Frost gets the decade extension

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds