Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

In Year 4 does Frost get a winning season? (4 Viewers)

In year 4 does Frost get a winning season this year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
how many categories do you have Jimmy?
Depends on the day. Today it's 3.

Should beat
Won't beat
Toss up

The should beat includes the range of even if we play like fucktards we'll win (Fordham) to play close to potential and don't do stupid shit like turnovers and unreasonable amount of penalties and win (Northwestern, Minnesota). So the should win category could be broken up into 2 or even 3 groups.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So it’s kinda funny my initial “Frost gets hired prediction” was 10 wins by Year 3 and a 5-8 year contract extension lol that being said, if we get to 8 wins this year, I’ll bet we do it again in 2022, break out for 10 wins in 2023 and Frost gets the decade extension
A 10 year extension after one 10 win season would be the absolute most Nebraska thing to do ever

doublewing

Running Back
I'm between 5-7 and 6-6.

The defense will be solid but I'll believe the offense has turned the corner when I see it. Everyone talks up the WR's but the same was happening last year at this time. Special teams is a question mark and coaching/fundamentals/intangibles have been chaotic through three seasons of Frost. I want to believe the staff is focusing on the latter but you'd think it would have already been an emphasis for any team.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm between 5-7 and 6-6.

The defense will be solid but I'll believe the offense has turned the corner when I see it. Everyone talks up the WR's but the same was happening last year at this time. Special teams is a question mark and coaching/fundamentals/intangibles have been chaotic through three seasons of Frost. I want to believe the staff is focusing on the latter but you'd think it would have already been an emphasis for any team.
I’m between 5 and 7 wins. I’ll be shocked if we get to 8 wins.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I voted winning season, but believe we'll go 6-6 or 7-5.

Nothing will happen outside of 5-7 to 8-4, but not much will surprise me. If we struggle with Illinois, we're going 6-6 or 5-7.

If we throttle the Illini -- I'm feeling 8-4.
If we don’t beat Illinois Frost will never win 3 games in a row in his tenure at Nebraska. It’s crazy to say it but it’s easily the biggest game of the year. We need to get momentum going.

NeAz

Linebacker
Elite Member
If all starters stay healthy, I could see us winning 7.

But how often has that happened in the past 8 years? We are thin almost every spot except the DL.

It also depends on how disciplined this team is. A lot of things need to go right this year for us to just make a bowl.

I want so badly to drink the kool-aid, but the past 6+ years have made it bitter.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If all starters stay healthy, I could see us winning 7.

But how often has that happened in the past 8 years? We are thin almost every spot except the DL.

It also depends on how disciplined this team is. A lot of things need to go right this year for us to just make a bowl.

I want so badly to drink the kool-aid, but the past 6+ years have made it bitter.
The reality of the situation is that someone will have to step up at some point that isn't expected to contribute a whole lot going into the season if Nebraska is ever going to take the next step

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The reality of the situation is that someone will have to step up at some point that isn't expected to contribute a whole lot going into the season if Nebraska is ever going to take the next step
We need the players on offense we expect to contribute to actually step up. That would go a long ways.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Per 247 Wisconsin OL Injuries as of todays practice.

Projected Depth Chart

First Team

Right Tackle: Tyler Beach Limited

Right Guard: Logan Bruss Out

Center: Kayden Lyles Just returned to practice today

Left Guard: Josh Seltzner

Left Tackle: Logan Brown Out

Freshman Riley Mahlman Practicing at LT struggling with the pass rush

Second Team

Right Tackle: Jack Nelson

Right Guard: Michael Furtney

Center: Joe Tippmann

Left Guard: Tanor Bortolini Out

Left Tackle: Cormac Sampson

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Per 247 Wisconsin OL Injuries as of todays practice.

Projected Depth Chart

First Team

Right Tackle: Tyler Beach Limited

Right Guard: Logan Bruss Out

Center: Kayden Lyles

Left Guard: Josh Seltzner

Left Tackle: Logan Brown Out

Second Team

Right Tackle: Jack Nelson

Right Guard: Michael Furtney

Center: Joe Tippmann

Left Guard: Tanor Bortolini Out

Left Tackle: Cormac Sampson
I'm sure they'll all be healthy when it's time to play Nebraska. Either that or have a bunch of people test positive for covid.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I'm saying should beat 7. Doesn't mean we will. Should have beat a lot of teams the last few years.

Cockeyes, Wisconsin, Michigan won't say should beat but certainly can beat.
I think this is right, but I'm not as high on Michigan. I frankly think they're a bad early loss from spiraling into 07 Nebraska level.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I think this is right, but I'm not as high on Michigan. I frankly think they're a bad early loss from spiraling into 07 Nebraska level.

Very interesting possible comparison that I could see unfortunately coming to light.

Illinois / Wake Forest: 3-point win
Fordham / Nevada: 42-point win
Buffalo / Ball St: 1-point win
Oklahoma / USC: 18-point loss
Michigan St / Cockeye St: 17-point win
Northwestern /Colorado: 14-point loss
Michigan / Ok State: 31-point loss
Minnesota / Missouri: 35-point loss
Purdue / Kansas St: 42-point win
Ohio State / Kansas: 37-point loss
Wisconsin / Texas A&M: 22-point loss
Cockeye / Texas: 3-point loss

5-7, would this save Frost? I think he wins 5-6 games this year AND gets another year after major staff changes. I still see QB injuries, turnovers and penalties kill this team/season. Hope I’m dead wrong and we win 8+ games.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Very interesting possible comparison that I could see unfortunately coming to light.

Illinois / Wake Forest: 3-point win
Fordham / Nevada: 42-point win
Buffalo / Ball St: 1-point win
Oklahoma / USC: 18-point loss
Michigan St / Cockeyes St: 17-point win
Northwestern /Colorado: 14-point loss
Michigan / Ok State: 31-point loss
Minnesota / Missouri: 35-point loss
Purdue / Kansas St: 42-point win
Ohio State / Kansas: 37-point loss
Wisconsin / Texas A&M: 22-point loss
Cockeyes / Texas: 3-point loss

5-7, would this save Frost? I think he wins 5-6 games this year AND gets another year after major staff changes. I still see QB injuries, turnovers and penalties kill this team/season. Hope I’m dead wrong and we win 8+ games.
If Frost can’t make a bowl game this year, anyone who is unbiased knows he will never get it done. Recruiting will go down the shitter completely if he doesn’t have a winning season, so it would be dumb to keep him.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I think 10-2 is pretty lofty. If he goes 9-3 this year everybody will be through the roof and the talk after the season will be if there’s a grad transfer QB out there that can get them over the next hurdle. I think 7-5 or 8-4

Also if we win 8+ games that means most likely Martinez did not get injured and/or played all-conference caliber which we all expected this far into his career.

IIRC he has the option to come back next season. So if Nebraska has a 8-9 win season with the amount of offense power that would return the following year I could see him definitely coming back for his last eligible year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds