Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How Many Wins Next Year? (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don't think CTB should/could leave at this point. I don't think his draft stock has improved much this year but I'm certainly no scout.

There is definitely some young talent at these positions.
I don't disagree on CTB. I am also not a scout. But he hasn't stuck out to me this year. I don't think he's bad. If he returns...awesome. If he doesn't....he's replaceable. I feel that way about Daniels too. I love how Daniels has played this year. I think it's a great story how he's transformed his body. Really is a testament to his hard work and we gotta give some credit to the S&C staff, nutrition and the DL coach for him. But if he leaves, I think Nebraska is comfortable with what they have there.

Really the only place I worry about on defense is Domann's spot. Just a rare talent there, not irreplaceable but a lot harder to find those hybrid guys that are that good.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Barring a MSU transfer haul this year this team will take a step backward talent-wise.

If Martinez is gone you’re starting a RS Freshman or RS Sophomore with next to zero playing experience and we know this offense can’t move the ball without a near-elite player at the QB position.

Who steps in for Domann, Williams, Dismuke, Daniels, CTB (if he leaves), Stille, etc?

Lots of question marks on defense.

I'd like to see how the offense does with a QB with a quicker trigger finger

~gbr

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think all of those guys minus Domann are easily replaceable. That’s not to say those aren’t good players, they are, but they aren’t irreplaceable. Replacing that hybrid position has me interested in the direction the defense takes next year
Snacks is playing at a high level. We will miss him if he leaves for our run defense.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Snacks is playing at a high level. We will miss him if he leaves for our run defense.
They *seem* to have pretty solid depth on the DL. Not that someone will step in and fill 100% of what Daniels left, but it's easier to see how you get to 85% of it than say Domann

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
They *seem* to have pretty solid depth on the DL. Not that someone will step in and fill 100% of what Daniels left, but it's easier to see how you get to 85% of it than say Domann
I think people will be pleasantly surprised by Gifford when he takes over for JoJo next year.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who do you see as a big run stopper at the nose spot to fill in?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty similar ceiling as his brother and I think he's faster but I don't have any #s to back that up.
If he is similar to his brother and can stay healthy we will be fine. It always seemed like older brother was hurt a lot.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
So you are classifying OU as unwinnable because of us getting blown out 23-16 in Norman?

And you are saying Michigan is unwinnable because of how we got blown out 32-29 last week?

And Cockeyes is absolutely unwinnable because of the we’ve been blown out by 3, 3, and 6 points, respectively, in the last three meetings, and who has an artificially inflated #2 ranking?

And Wisconsin… who is off to an impressive 2-3 start and just “barely” lost to Michigan by 3 touchdowns?

Damn, on the second thought, you are right. Those four games are certainly unwinnable. They seemed close at first but now you have helped me understand how insurmountable scores like “23-16,” “31-29,” and “27-24” are.

Let it be known, to all of TPB, that the ceiling of this football team next year has been lowered to 8 games because @Chi7397 has deemed OU, Mich, Wisconsin, and Cockeyes to be unwinnable.

For the record, I am not predicting 12 wins. 9 seems more logical. I said the ceiling was 12.

@HuskerGarrett please change his banner name from “linebacker” to “such a realist that I’m out of touch with reality.” Thanks
I think you can actually say the ceiling is 12-0 with a straight face. Will that happen? Probably not. But we lost to the two best teams on that schedule by one score. A couple missed field goals and an untimely fumble.

Note: I am not including Cockeyes as one of the top two teams because I don’t believe they are a top 10 team.

Hope Georgia Southern wasn’t on that list

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds