Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

HH Compared to QBs Since 2012 (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Anything per game.

Not so sure about completion percentage but maybe.

Let's just agree that he's really terrible.
Including QBs who pass even less than we do would move HH higher in the yards per game category. That's one reason why the minimum average 14 attempts is a statistical sleight of hand. The author could use real and valid statistics that would rightfully make HH look terrible, but he's using garbage statistics to paint that picture instead.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Can you go back to the high-risk, ****high-reward**** of Sims?

I still feel like he’s the better runner and passer, but his turnover issues and inability to run the right play (it appears) are obviously a big problem.
his 17 points through 7 quarters of play were a real shit storm as well

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Including QBs who pass even less than we do would move HH higher in the yards per game category. That's one reason why the minimum average 14 attempts is a statistical sleight of hand. The author could use real and valid statistics that would rightfully make HH look terrible, but he's using garbage statistics to paint that picture instead.
14 attempts per game seems really low. Do we think there are lot of schools, on average, throwing it less than 14 times a game? 14 is really fucking low for the 21st century.

Just looked through all of the box scores for today. The only schools that threw less than 14 times were Army and, amazingly, Louisville (who averages far more than 14 a game). Kennesaw State and Navy threw exactly 14.

I guess you could argue that his 14 throws a game floor leaves out the army qb and so over the last 10 years, HH could be as many as 10 spots higher, but that hardly seems significant.

Also don’t think the Army qb is really the peer group for what we are trying to do.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
14 attempts per game seems really low. Do we think there are lot of schools, on average, throwing it less than 14 times a game? 14 is really fucking low for the 21st century.

Just looked through all of the box scores for today. The only schools that threw less than 14 times were Army and, amazingly, Louisville (who averages far more than 14 a game). Kennesaw State and Navy threw exactly 14.

I guess you could argue that his 14 throws a game floor leaves out the army qb and so over the last 10 years, HH could be as many as 10 spots higher, but that hardly seems significant.

Also don’t think the Army qb is really the peer group for what we are trying to do.
Only 1 team in the country is averaging less than 14 attempts per game. Air Force is averaging 5. Only 3 teams average fewer attempts than Nebraska, they are: Air Force, Navy and Army. A floor of 14 attempts per game and 75% of the games contains every healthy starting QB, that isn't going to a service academy.

Yet we still see threads that complain that we throw the ball to much. Some folks are idiots.

Husker02GT

Bench Warmer
You don’t think I’m fully aware? HH has been better…?

It’s beating a dead horse at this rate, but I’d love to see the stats if the roles were reversed.

Not defending Sims, but it’s pretty unfortunate that even after all of that, I still think he’s the better option. Hence the billion asterisks I put next to high-reward.
Yeah the problem is there has been no reward. Offensive productivity is worse with Sims than Haarberg. I’d be ok throwing Chubba in for a try, but this is not just qb play it’s also line play and all skill players play… our offense is bad

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I guess its time to see if we can get anything out of Chooba or one of the walk ons

Also give up on QB run if QB run means no QB throw

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Yeah the problem is there has been no reward. Offensive productivity is worse with Sims than Haarberg. I’d be ok throwing Chubba in for a try, but this is not just qb play it’s also line play and all skill players play… our offense is bad
Bad, yes. But even a decent QB could have made some good throws yesterday to give us a better chance.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Go be dumb somewhere else

U Mad Reaction GIF

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Go be dumb somewhere else

Now go compare Sims’ passing stats for his career against HH’s you fucking retard. HH is more or less the worst QB in FBS in the last 10 years.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds