Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

how to we get the QBs to stop fumbling? (2 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haarberg leads the country in fumbles despite not taking the starting role until game 3:

1698579141978.png

Our two starting QBs this season have combined for 12 in 8 games.

To put this in perspective, Adrain Martinez' worst season for fumbling was his freshman year in 2018. He had 12 in 11 games. He had 7-8 a year for his other three seasons.

How do we get this under control? I ask because I really don't know.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haarberg leads the country in fumbles despite not taking the starting role until game 3:

View attachment 29186

To put this in perspective, Adrain Martinez' worst season for fumbling was his freshman year in 2018. He had 12 in 11 games. He had 7-8 a year for his other three seasons.

Get new and better qbs.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Sims is mentally gone. It’s at the point that it doesn’t matter what happens in practice, he’s in his head entirely when he comes in during a game. That’s why he’s doing what he does. Can’t waste anymore game time with him. It’s got to be Purdy taking twos.

HH is young and unfocused at times. Too excited to make a play where he skips a step, and often that step is “receive snap clean”. He also runs upright with the ball in one arm and always trying to stiff arm a defender. That leaves the ball exposed on the back side. Needs some training on how to not try sprinting when he runs in traffic and not worry so much about the stiff arm.

Last edited:

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

View attachment 29186

Photoshopped. Haarberg has no fumbles

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haarberg looked way better running the option a couple weeks ago. Sure, he wasn’t even considering pitching the ball, but at least he was running with authority. He looked tentative on nearly every QB run last night.
They had a spy on him, which must have completely changed his reads

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds