Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get this is a message board, but my god some of you are just miserable sons of bitches that continuously beat a dead horse!

Our QB room sucks, yes, but it isnt changing this season.

Our OC has a poor history, we’re shown, but it ain’t changing this season either. Some constantly bash him (and even blame him for turnovers), and in the next breath bemoan our RB, WR, OL and QB rooms.

We’re down to QB2, RB3 &. 4, WR3-4-5, and still the same shitty OL. The dude, no matter how bad he may be, doesn’t have a lot of tools at his disposal this year.

But you know what, Satt, White, and Rhule might just take us to a bowl if we keep playing B1G West sloppy football and limit turnovers and play stifling D, which is what they’ve recently done.

They can only play the cards that they have this season, no matter how the cards were dealt.

GBR!
season 8 grandpa simpson GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Biggest thing I have on Satterfield...
  • Why did we pick an 8-18 QB who leads football in turnovers to lead this team when your offense is historically bad at turnovers?
    • There is something systemically wrong with how he gets offenses ready. His teams are bottom of the barrel when it comes to turnovers with him at OC.
  • Why didn't we get a RB when Ajay hit the portal? I think we all knew it was likely after that video emerged of him quitting in that drill.
  • Why did we sign a 4X100 team vs actual WRs? Would have been nice to have another good WR from the portal knowing that IGC and Betts already quit on the team once so the probability was high they would do it again.
  • Play calling is atrocious.
    • Minnesota game. Rushing for 8yds a carry the drive going into the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th. Next drive deep pass to your backup CB, RPO pass and another pass that is a check down. Why when your HC says "we want 75 yards rushing in the 4th" and your QB is struggling do you do something like that? Why not run the ball at least once?
    • Going into half of the Illinois game. You get 1 first down and given that we have Tom Brady at QB we thought we would be overly aggressive and start to air it out. Problem is we don't have Tom Brady. We have food stamp version of Tim Tebow. Where was QB draw? Counter OH? etc... plays that would have been explosive vs Illinois, but had a low floor if something went wrong. No we almost throw a pick on 3 consecutive passes.
Those are just two of the more egregious ones I can think of.

I get they are in a tough spot, but there was plenty they could have done to mi minimize it. I am not expecting a top 40 offense, but we are making this harder than it needs to be.

Satterfield is the 6th highest paid OC in college football right now as well. I would expect more.

You’re saying it’s good to have friends in high places. Satterfield’s pay definitely doesn’t match his prior results.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I doubt that will be a problem, he seems like an awesome teammate based on the glimpses we've seen on the sideline and during pregame and stuff.

Despite two horrible turnover games by Sims, he has shown his internal mettle to me. He has not shown one lick of jealousy, sulking or anything but plain and simple supporting HH and the team. That goes a long way for me in my eyes. Seems a true great teammate, and team player. I would be incredibly surprised if he isn't just a really good guy off the field. Most guys would sulk in his position right now.

I do think Sims is "more talented" than HH. HH and Sims are probably pretty equal as runners, Sims has the better, stronger arm. But neither is a fast blinker, can go through progressions, or has much if any accuracy. HH is younger and thus has more time to improve, but neither is ever going to be a salty QB slicing up a defense as a QB decision wise.

We will almost surely need Sims down the stretch these last 6 games though. Even though I think his QB IQ is too low to be a good QB for us, his great team attitude will have me rooting for him regardless.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I have said, I wanted to see him this year because all the talk I was hearing was how improved he was. Was told the success his brother was having woke him up to what was possible and he was dialed in all off season.

He was QB2, but was injured to start the year.

Yeah. I'm not gonna lie, what Brock has shown, makes me wonder if Chubba doesn't have that in him given enough opportunity.

I haven't ever really seen anything from Chubba that stands out well that I can remember. But Brock also does not have the "oh shit that was amazing" style that a Mahomes (I realize Mahomes is the gold standard) does. What Brock has shown as a starter in San Fran has been impressive. Yes, he has a stud complete team around him. But his quick decision making, accuracy/efficiency and taking what a defense gives you, has been quite impressive.

It makes me wonder how Chubba would shake out if he was given the reins, either by injuries to HH/Sims or otherwise. I have been kind of down on Chubba, but what his brother is doing makes me wonder if he just needs playing time/experience to blossom.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yeah. I'm not gonna lie, what Brock has shown, makes me wonder if Chubba doesn't have that in him given enough opportunity.

I haven't ever really seen anything from Chubba that stands out well that I can remember. But Brock also does not have the "oh shit that was amazing" style that a Mahomes (I realize Mahomes is the gold standard) does. What Brock has shown as a starter in San Fran has been impressive. Yes, he has a stud complete team around him. But his quick decision making, accuracy/efficiency and taking what a defense gives you, has been quite impressive.

It makes me wonder how Chubba would shake out if he was given the reins, either by injuries to HH/Sims or otherwise. I have been kind of down on Chubba, but what his brother is doing makes me wonder if he just needs playing time/experience to blossom.
Chubba has absolutely nothing similar to Brock expect their last name. He’s fucking awful. He should be playing NAIA

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Chubba has absolutely nothing similar to Brock expect their last name. He’s fucking awful. He should be playing NAIA

He hasn't shown anything to think he has what his brother does. If he was forced into a situation where he was starting for a number of games, maybe he would show something. Hard to tell without seeing him get extensive time on the field.

greybeardedchild

Linebacker
Elite Member

Trust me as an older brother, sometimes the kid bro just don't got it.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
Would not surprise me too see Sims against NW because Rhule and staff need to make a decision about finding a portal QB. I could be wrong, but suspect they may want to send feelers if Sims is not the guy. Rhule wants to win!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds