Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg QB play - PFF & QBR (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
It doesn’t help when his throwing motion sucks and plays like a 5’8 qb getting balls batted down all the time.
That is pretty ironic, he's one of the tallest QBs we've had but his throwing motion negates that advantage. Usually at our recent levels of badness/mediocrity I feel like trying to mess with a college QB's motion is more trouble than it's worth and sometimes even backfires, but if Henry sticks with QB he will definitely need to get that sorted out.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
PFF likes him more than QBR. That’s the only conclusion I draw.
Right. The QBR doesn't factor him running. He does a decent job running the ball. His QBR is shit because he sucks at passing.

PFF also grades him on the plays he runs. The biggest issues are the plays he can't run, the throws he doesn't make, etc Followed by his shitty passing that's reflected in the QBR.

Even PFF his passing grade is 57th of 78. Thats power 5 teams with 57 min dropbacks. That's basically taking the wr reverse passes and scrubs with garbage time out of the equation.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Yes, he has balls batted down because of his throwing motion but I was presently surprised with how many WR’s he hit in the chest last week.

Already looked light years better in the pass game than his first two starts which will only get better with more experience and confidence. IMO

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes, he has balls batted down because of his throwing motion but I was presently surprised with how many WR’s he hit in the chest last week.

Already looked light years better in the pass game than his first two starts which will only get better with more experience and confidence. IMO
They're finding throws he can make. He still sucks at it (completes a little over 50%) but it's getting close to serviceable if we can run the ball.

Hopefully whoever is qb the rest of the way we could at least run the ball a serviceable amount. The better teams will make him throw.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know our Husker fanbase loves to support a local player but B1G DC's have to be licking their chops when they see HH QBing. He's is limited throwing and so far doesn't pitch the ball on any Option Plays. Really limits our offense and play calling thus makes it so easy for a DC to come up with a successful Gameplan because he is such a 1 Dimensional QB.

betsch

Safety
I know our Husker fanbase loves to support a local player but B1G DC's have to be licking their chops when they see HH QBing. He's is limited throwing and so far doesn't pitch the ball on any Option Plays. Really limits our offense and play calling thus makes it so easy for a DC to come up with a successful Gameplan because he is such a 1 Dimensional QB.
He does need to learn when to pitch, he's had a few good opportunities.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

I will say I had a VERY low bar for him. He has surprised me and felt he has improved week after week so far.

Don't think he is the long term answer, but think he is serviceable for this year.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I can't believe his performance against the University of Michigan was worse than his performance against Northern Illinois or La Tech.
He actually got better

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looking at the team stats for NCAA teams we are not in the Top 100 in any of these categories, and there are only 130 teams:
-Passing Offense #125
-Completion Percentage #119
-Pass Efficiency #115
-First Downs Gained #106
-Red Zone Offense #106
-Scoring #120

Not hard to see why we are only 2-3. And we are not ahead of Illinois who is also struggling in any of those categories.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Looking at the team stats for NCAA teams we are not in the Top 100 in any of these categories, and there are only 130 teams:
-Passing Offense #125
-Completion Percentage #119
-Pass Efficiency #115
-First Downs Gained #106
-Red Zone Offense #106
-Scoring #120

Not hard to see why we are only 2-3. And we are not ahead of Illinois who is also struggling in any of those categories.
Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds