Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule confirms he's sticking with Haarberg vs NW (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is big news IMHO because up until now Rhule has stuck with the "Sims is looking great but he's still not 100%" which allowed him to stick with HH without saying he was benching Sims.

But I think Sims's high ankle sprain is very likely fully healed now (by NW gameday it will have been 6 weeks since he injured in the CU game).

Sticking with Haarberg is the right call but I was worried Rhule wouldn't have the stones to bench a 100% Sims. But he clearly does. This pleases me greatly. Sims is our highest paid NIL player and he's the guy Rhule/Satt "handpicked" to lead the offense this year - if Rhule is not afraid to bench this dude after 2 bad games for a local kid from Kearney....that's a good sign.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We've had HCs in the past who wouldn't make this right call.

(I agree with you obviously)
Definitely. Refreshing to see

I'm trying to remember the last time one of our coaches did do this not out of necessity (injury)?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Definitely. Refreshing to see

I'm trying to remember the last time one of our coaches did do this not out of necessity (injury)?
I just remember TMart, AMart never getting benched (AMart did once obviously).

This is EARLY for Rhule to do this....but he was aided by the fact that Sims was injured. Still, now that he's 100% and still benching him, it's good to see.

I mean, Sims only had 2 starts (and they were both tough)...but Rhule is like "I've seen enough." And it was his own hand picked guy!! We've never had an NU coach who operated this way. So awesome.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is the right call, and refreshing to see a coach put his team ahead of his own ego, which is something Frost was never able to do. HH is our best chance to get to a bowl game this year.. Rhule knows how important it is to get to a bowl game this year and for the long term health of this program

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

This is EARLY for Rhule to do this....but he was aided by the fact that Sims was injured. Still, now that he's 100% and still benching him, it's good to see.

I mean, Sims only had 2 starts (and they were both tough)...but Rhule is like "I've seen enough." And it was his own hand picked guy!! We've never had an NU coach who operated this way. So awesome.
I think this is the biggest development. It puts people on notice IMO - including Satterfield.

The fact he put his ego to the side, says A LOT. We've wanted that for 20 years and never saw it.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think this is the biggest development. It puts people on notice IMO - including Satterfield.

The fact he put his ego to the side, says A LOT. We've wanted that for 20 years and never saw it.
Bingo.

Also Rhule knows he could fuck around for his first year and be extended a fair amount of grace. But Rhule wants to win now and doesn't want to fuck around with a bunch of dumb "experiments" (like past NU HCs have). Gotta like the urgency and the pragmatism.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

T-Mart did get yanked against Texas.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds