Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

Alright, I’ve been playing a decent amount of times this year and my swing has become awful. Should mention that I started getting vertigo a month ago and my balance has seemed to be just a bit off.

Anyway does anyone have a recommendation for lessons in Lincoln or even Manhattan, KS? I’m about an hour from each

Alright, I’ve been playing a decent amount of times this year and my swing has become awful. Should mention that I started getting vertigo a month ago and my balance has seemed to be just a bit off.

Anyway does anyone have a recommendation for lessons in Lincoln or even Manhattan, KS? I’m about an hour from each
We must live awfully close to each other.

We must live awfully close to each other.

Beaterville/Gage Co. USA

Now that Scheffler has the gold medal, would you all rather have Scheffler's season or Schauffle's? Or do you think either would trade their season for the other's?

I think I'd rather have Schauffle's. The Olympic Gold is sweet though. I think they're about as equal of seasons as you could have, which leads me to gripe about data golf. These rankings seem kinda stupid. How is Spieth's 2015 not higher than Vijay or Els?

1722877423717.png

Now that Scheffler has the gold medal, would you all rather have Scheffler's season or Schauffle's? Or do you think either would trade their season for the other's?

I think I'd rather have Schauffle's. The Olympic Gold is sweet though. I think they're about as equal of seasons as you could have, which leads me to gripe about data golf. These rankings seem kinda stupid. How is Spieth's 2015 not higher than Vijay or Els?

View attachment 40286
I have to go with Scottie: Masters (best major), Players (5th major, largest purse), Olympics (rarest tournament, get to defend gold on home soil in 4 years), jail, and $28M

I have to go with Scottie: Masters (best major), Players (5th major, largest purse), Olympics (rarest tournament, get to defend gold on home soil in 4 years), jail, and $28M
That's fair! I forgot about jail!

Do you think Scottie would trade $15mm for another major? I think he would. Olympic Gold for another major? I don't think so after watching him cry.

That's fair! I forgot about jail!

Do you think Scottie would trade $15mm for another major? I think he would. Olympic Gold for another major? I don't think so after watching him cry.
Great question, at some point he would probably trade the money for a major as he’s made so much $$$ the last three years. But right now, today, I wouldn’t if I were him. Feels inevitable he wins a US Open and PGA at some point, his ball striking is so off the charts.

Great question, at some point he would probably trade the money for a major as he’s made so much $$$ the last three years. But right now, today, I wouldn’t if I were him. Feels inevitable he wins a US Open and PGA at some point, his ball striking is so off the charts.
It does feel inevitable, but Spieth and Rory getting a career grandslam felt inevitable and now it doesn’t.

Also, he’s never won a pro tourney where he hadn’t already played the course in a tourney before. I think his putting is ok but his green reading is really poor. That’s why he is so good at the Masters. It’s the same course every year.

I think he wins Quail Hollow for the pga next year because it’s a tour stop. But part of me is skeptical he’ll win ever win a British open or US Open. Unless he improves his scouting or green reading and I don’t think that will happen.

I know I’m probably in the minority on that take though!

It does feel inevitable, but Spieth and Rory getting a career grandslam felt inevitable and now it doesn’t.

Also, he’s never won a pro tourney where he hadn’t already played the course in a tourney before. I think his putting is ok but his green reading is really poor. That’s why he is so good at the Masters. It’s the same course every year.

I think he wins Quail Hollow for the pga next year because it’s a tour stop. But part of me is skeptical he’ll win ever win a British open or US Open. Unless he improves his scouting or green reading and I don’t think that will happen.

He has 5 top 8 finishes(including a runner-up & 3rd place finish at the US Open) in 9 total starts between the US Open & Open Championship. 🤨

He has 5 top 8 finishes(including a runner-up & 3rd place finish at the US Open) in 9 total starts between the US Open & Open Championship. 🤨
I get it! It sounds crazy to say that he won't. I think I'm crazy too when I type it out.

But if someone had told me in 2017 and 2021 that Spieth and Rory wouldn't have career grand slams by 2024, I would've said that person was crazy. Rory and Jordan had better resumes at 28 than Scottie does now. So there are very recent historical precedents to back this up.

1722901116453.png

Very fair. Especially considering only like 5 guys have the career grand slam.

But also, nobody has had strokes gained tee to green like he has except Tiger since the stat was invented. That’s why I think he’ll get the PGA and US Open but the British is definitely a question mark.

Very fair. Especially considering only like 5 guys have the career grand slam.

But also, nobody has had strokes gained tee to green like he has except Tiger since the stat was invented. That’s why I think he’ll get the PGA and US Open but the British is definitely a question mark.
Wow, I just looked up who all has it. I am shocked Arnie or Watson don't have it. As crazy as it sounds (which I know I'm saying outlandish things in this thread), it almost feels like Scottie has to do it in the next year or two. He definitely could. Everyone else basically did it by 30 or younger. Hogan is an anomaly.

1722914534353.png

3MsoPxP.jpeg

Not again! @HuskerGarrett

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back