Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

How much does a decent not great setup cost for an in home SIM?
I'd classify mine as decent, not great. I have the Garmin R10 and it was around $600 new. You can probably get cheaper now, since there is better tech out now.

I got an impact projector screen for $100 or so.

I got a protective net to act as a baffle and to catch the random shank now and again for about $40.

I went with a hitting strip for about $80 then built my own cheap stance mat (glued to a piece of plywood) for around $90.

probably another $100 or give or take for mounting hardware, pvc to frame the impact screen, etc.

I had an old HD projector from work I wasn't using anymore.

So all in it was probably around $1,000.

Sim 2.pngSim.png

This looks better, too (the divot hitting strip one, that is)

Go to Rawhide Golf Mats grab a cheap one then go to Gung Ho Golf or Carls and grab a hitting strip that you can insert into the first mat. It's high quality and the hitting strips won't beat up your wrists or elbows. You can get it done for a little more than $300 and have something that will last a long time.

Go to Rawhide Golf Mats grab a cheap one then go to Gung Ho Golf or Carls and grab a hitting strip that you can insert into the first mat. It's high quality and the hitting strips won't beat up your wrists or elbows. You can get it done for a little more than $300 and have something that will last a long time.
ya, good call. i would just insert the hitting strip in the stance mat i built.

I mean it’s pretty clear it’s those two. Scheffler and Rahm are the two who could pass them

If talking since 2010ish I’d put it
1. Brooks
2. Rory

Then theirs a big drop off and it’s guys like Spieth, JT, Rahm, Scottie, DJ, then another drop off to the Morikawas, Bubbas, Rose, Day, etc.

Now If we are talking since 2000 it’s tiger, huge gap, Phil, even bigger gap, rest of the field

I will admit I’m a big Rory Fan, but I have a lot of northern Irish heritage so he’s an easy guy to root for, also when he’s 100% on no one is more talented

Last edited:
Really, really fantastic. The amenities are world class, the views are spectacular. That said, there's a reason why Sand Hills is a top 10 golf course in the world.
Those bunkers are incredible to look at. Probably not as fun trying to hit out of.

How'd you all get on?

I mean it’s pretty clear it’s those two. Scheffler and Rahm are the two who could pass them

If talking since 2010ish I’d put it
1. Brooks
2. Rory

Then theirs a big drop off and it’s guys like Spieth, JT, Rahm, Scottie, DJ, then another drop off to the Morikawas, Bubbas, Rose, Day, etc.

Now If we are talking since 2000 it’s tiger, huge gap, Phil, even bigger gap, rest of the field

I will admit I’m a big Rory Fan, but I have a lot of northern Irish heritage so he’s an easy guy to root for, also when he’s 100% on no one is more talented
I think Spieth is sort of close to Rory. I mean he's only one major him and I could see Spieth winning a PGA in the next decade for a career grand slam. Which probably puts him ahead of Rory at that point. Rory could also win another major in the next decade. But they're not that far apart.

Had a faulty crack in the Epic driver yesterday (wtf), picked up a new Rogue ST today to replace

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back