Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

I'm a decent golfer that hovers between a 7 and 8 handicap. Compared to people I'm playing against in tournaments I'm not usually a shorter driver of the golf ball.

Between my launch monitor and my Arcoss sensors I know that I carry the ball in the 230s and my Arcoss distance for my driver is 263.

Most people are full of shit when it comes to how far they hit the ball which is why all the data shows the biggest miss for nearly all handicap levels is short.

I'm a decent golfer that hovers between a 7 and 8 handicap. Compared to people I'm playing against in tournaments I'm not usually a shorter driver of the golf ball.

Between my launch monitor and my Arcoss sensors I know that I carry the ball in the 230s and my Arcoss distance for my driver is 263.

Most people are full of shit when it comes to how far they hit the ball which is why all the data shows the biggest miss for nearly all handicap levels is short.
I honestly think that people who say they “average” 290+ with the driver only use their downhill, downwind, firm fairway tee shots in their math. They don’t include the 235yd heel cuts, toe snaps, sky fag mark drives that would put them closer to 250yd average.

It is eye opening when you start using a launch monitor and get actual ball speed and carry distances.

I honestly think that people who say they “average” 290+ with the driver only use their downhill, downwind, firm fairway tee shots in their math. They don’t include the 235yd heel cuts, toe snaps, sky fag mark drives that would put them closer to 250yd average.

It is eye opening when you start using a launch monitor and get actual ball speed and carry distances.
No idea what my average is on drives. But am usually one of the longest drivers in all tournaments I play, doesn’t really mean a lot because I play about 4 tournaments a year, and one is competitive with a Calcutta.

But will also rip a couple snap hooks a round and the occasional unintentional stinger driver. Not immune to that shit.

No idea what my average is on drives. But am usually one of the longest drivers in all tournaments I play, doesn’t really mean a lot because I play about 4 tournaments a year, and one is competitive with a Calcutta.

But will also rip a couple snap hooks a round and the occasional unintentional stinger driver. Not immune to that shit.
I used to slice the shit out of my drives when I started playing a couple of years ago, but this year my miss has been a straight as an arrow double into the left center field gap. Unfortunately on a golf course that has translated to hitting from the left rough/trees a lot.

Trying to figure out what to do about it. Maybe move the ball back in my stance?

I used to slice the shit out of my drives when I started playing a couple of years ago, but this year my miss has been a straight as an arrow double into the left center field gap. Unfortunately on a golf course that has translated to hitting from the left rough/trees a lot.

Trying to figure out what to do about it. Maybe move the ball back in my stance?
If your miss is a straight pull shot you’re swinging across your body instead of coming around. Get some separation of the lower and upper body will help out

Careful what you wish for…
true romance smile GIF

I’ll be the honest one and admit my drives are averaging about 250 this year(that’s because I’ve only hit my fairway about 5 times(because my driver bounced a foot behind the ball and actually squared up the club face(because if it didn’t I’d unleash my 100+-yard power slice(because I’m too proud to use PW off the tee(because it’s the only fucking club I’ve hit straight all year(including my putter))))))

-“Droppin’ 3”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back