Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

today was interesting. thanks to a freeway closure I got to the course about 3 minutes before my tee time and had the old dude at the pro shop counter forbid me from teeing off on the first hole because I violated the strict policy of checking in 15 minutes before my tee time. so naturally I hustled over to the first tee and teed off anyway. I hit about 8" behind it with my driver and it went maybe 50 yards into a pond that should never be in play. made a double on 1 but played pretty damn well after that and came in with a 76. unfortunately the hot girl in the group behind me only saw the first drive

I can honestly say this particular course has the biggest assholes as employees I've ever seen. they are all 70+ and get off on enforcing the pettiest rules. literally every time we go there something like this happens

today was interesting. thanks to a freeway closure I got to the course about 3 minutes before my tee time and had the old dude at the pro shop counter forbid me from teeing off on the first hole because I violated the strict policy of checking in 15 minutes before my tee time. so naturally I hustled over to the first tee and teed off anyway. I hit about 8" behind it with my driver and it went maybe 50 yards into a pond that should never be in play. made a double on 1 but played pretty damn well after that and came in with a 76. unfortunately the hot girl in the group behind me only saw the first drive

I can honestly say this particular course has the biggest assholes as employees I've ever seen. they are all 70+ and get off on enforcing the pettiest rules. literally every time we go there something like this happens
Sounds like Iron Horse

Man, that had to be a 90 * left turn duck hook to go into the water on #1, can't possibly be IH...can it? I'd kill to break 80 there, haven't been able to yet.
It was meant tongue in cheek, just because they’re basically the only public course in the area that would take themselves that seriously.

Oh ya, they are like that. Sumbitch thank for the invite drivin all the way over here

Just got back from Monterey. Dad (UNL ‘74, UNMC ‘79) turned 70 in December so as his present we went and played MPCC (Dunes), Pebble (in 4 hour 45 minutes) and Spyglass.

Pebble with my Dad was a bucket list item and it didn’t disappoint at all! Other two courses were fantastic as well. I think at times the temp there was half what it was in Dallas (52 vs 104). Felt like an oven coming back last night.

IMG_5957.jpegIMG_5994.jpegIMG_5861.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got back from Monterey. Dad (UNL ‘74, UNMC ‘79) turned 70 in December so as his present we went and played MPCC (Dunes), Pebble (in 4 hour 45 minutes) and Spyglass.

Pebble with my Dad was a bucket list item and it didn’t disappoint at all! Other two courses were fantastic as well. I think at times the temp there was half what it was in Dallas (52 vs 104). Felt like an oven coming back last night.

View attachment 26069View attachment 26070View attachment 26071
Good shit, some elite tracks right there

View attachment 26069
Is that a golf ball in your pants or are you just that excited about the course?

Seriously though, sounds like an awesome trip. Stuff like this makes me wish my dad played golf.

I’m jealous. I toured it when we were looking at wedding venues. It looks like an awesome course.
Indeed. Not too late to get a foursome. It’s for my buddy’s foundation:

I played in a summer long match play bracket and completely blew it in the semi-final by somehow hitting a 5 inch wide tree trunk and the ball came right back at me and then losing the next 2 holes.

Then I came back for the 3rd place match and destroyed my opponent 7&6 by shooting a 2 over at Highlands. If I wasn't a shitty putter I could have shot 69.

Probably one of the best rounds of ball striking I have ever had. 14/18 GIR.

View attachment 26069View attachment 26070View attachment 26071
How many balls did you lose at Pebble?

Only 2! Flared it right on 10 into that tall grass (should've been able to find it) and duffed a drive on 15 into that gunk area in front.
It did help playing from 6,400 - can't imagine how many I'd lose from the back tees.
I just drove through. I counted at least 40 balls lost for me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back