Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

There's gotta be 130 people here with $10k each right?
I've worked in the golf finance business previously and that's going to be a hard pass for me. Courses like that are basically a bonfire that you keep dumping buckets of cash into

You'd probably need to buy that for half of what it's listed for to have a chance of getting positive cash flow. Even then it would be tough

I've worked in the golf finance business previously and that's going to be a hard pass for me. Courses like that are basically a bonfire that you keep dumping buckets of cash into

You'd probably need to buy that for half of what it's listed for to have a chance of getting positive cash flow. Even then it would be tough
That's why Trump loves them. Operating losses roughly equal to the appreciation in the land and hopefully less in the long run. Net worth increases and tax losses every year to go along with it.

Of course Glennie, MI probably isn't ideal for the land appreciation.

Internet says it costs roughly $560k/yr to operate a course in the upper central states. Probably only 6 months of golfable weather in Michigan. Let's say it's $56/round to play. You'd need to average about 56 full rounds per day to break even. Yeah that seems impossible in Glennie Michigan.

Internet says it costs roughly $560k/yr to operate a course in the upper central states. Probably only 6 months of golfable weather in Michigan. Let's say it's $56/round to play. You'd need to average about 56 full rounds per day to break even. Yeah that seems impossible in Glennie Michigan.
But if you charge $112/round only 28 rounds per day sounds doable?

Alcohol/food gross profit Would cut that down too.

Exactly. I did some looking on their website and the course looks pretty basic, so you could probably get under that maintenance budget, however...

-course opens for the year on May 11, so maybe a 5 month season

-the tee sheet for this weekend is wide open. Considering this is their peak season, that's not great

-Memberships costs $725 for a family, which is less that some small 9 hole courses in NE. So first thing you need to do is raise that price, which will piss people off and you'll lose a bunch of members

I absolutely love the idea of owning a golf course, but for the most part it's a shitty business to be in

What are the best public courses in the Omaha area? Anyone with a connection at Champions that could get me on? I’ll be in town first week in August and looking to play a few rounds

I absolutely love the idea of owning a golf course, but for the most part it's a shitty business to be in
I think owning an indoor practice facility would be a good compromise. Have like 8 sim bays and an artificial turf practice green with a couple bunkers. There's one around Seattle I found and they are charging around $500/mo for membership. Could probably cut that fee substantially in NE.

I think owning an indoor practice facility would be a good compromise. Have like 8 sim bays and an artificial turf practice green with a couple bunkers. There's one around Seattle I found and they are charging around $500/mo for membership. Could probably cut that fee substantially in NE.
If think if you you could find a way to have real grass to hit off inside it would be amazing in the winter. But that's my own bias since I absolutely refuse to hit off mats

What are the best public courses in the Omaha area? Anyone with a connection at Champions that could get me on? I’ll be in town first week in August and looking to play a few rounds
I haven't played many in Omaha but Tara Hills, Miracle Hills, and Shoreline were pretty enjoyable. One year our company outting was at Bent Tree just outside of council bluffs. It has some pretty unique holes.

If think if you you could find a way to have real grass to hit off inside it would be amazing in the winter. But that's my own bias since I absolutely refuse to hit off mats
I could see big grass trays with a growing medium that you could move to and from an attached greenhouse space. Just recess a spot in the bay floor.

Finished up shoreline at about 130. Finished with a personal best 96.

Tee boxes were a little beat up but overall the course was in fantastic shape. Greens were awesome.
I'm glad to hear that. I play there weekly, and while the greens are not in bad shape, I just find them terribly slow and usually pretty shaggy.

have you hit off these? would love to invest in this for my garage sim, but wife would crap at the price.

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

have you hit off these? would love to invest in this for my garage sim, but wife would crap at the price.

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

those definitely look like an improvement

How much does a decent not great setup cost for an in home SIM?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back