Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread

Went out on Thursday and was +22 through 11 holes. Absolutely nothing was working other than my putter. Then something clicked and I was +2 through the final 7 holes.

Hoping for a bit more consistency today, but having two young kids at home and not getting to play nearly as much so far this year has made it pretty tough. Index is steadily climbing (up to 14.7 now).
87 today and was pretty consistent with everything other than my driver. Was terrible off the tee outside of the two holes that I birdied, even though my driver has been my best club all year. Strange game this is.

On a positive note I’ve made a ton of progress gaining confidence from 50-70 yards out. That shot has been my nightmare ever since I started playing a couple years ago, but today I think I finally figured out the swing for it.

I used to shoot under par a few times a year, but it's been a good 10 years since the last time. I flirted with it yesterday but a couple inexcusable 3 putts gave me a 74

Today I hit 5 of the first 6 greens and was 3 over, so I mentally checked out. I've never heard of someone having the yips only on long putts, but I might be the first. it's a struggle to get inside a 5 foot circle

87 today and was pretty consistent with everything other than my driver. Was terrible off the tee outside of the two holes that I birdied, even though my driver has been my best club all year. Strange game this is.

On a positive note I’ve made a ton of progress gaining confidence from 50-70 yards out. That shot has been my nightmare ever since I started playing a couple years ago, but today I think I finally figured out the swing for it.
I’m right there with you. 3-4 years ago from 100 yards and in I wouldn’t even think, grab the 60 and I’m throwing it somewhere close to the green. 2 years ago I quit using my 60 for any chipping or other shots and now it’s just been a mental block from 100 yards in. Doesn’t matter if it’s 100 or 40 yards, I’d always scoop under the ball and it would be 2/3s the way there. So frustrating

It's a crazy damned game. You finally figure out how not to spray your driver that's been plaguing you all season, and then simultaneously your always reliable putting game goes to shit...like yesterday, start off by getting an eagle on a short par 4 and then 3 putting the next hole for a bogey.
H62QdgG.gif

Anyone golf Payne's Valley in Missouri yet? It's on my bucket list of courses I want to play. It looks awesome!

Also, played Landmand last weekend and holy shit is it awesome. Weather was perfect. Kept it under 100 after not playing for a few months, so I was happy. 10/10
I played that last month and while it is a very nice course I thought they tried too hard to make the greens as difficult as possible. Also, they could cut the 3 foot brome grass around the bunkers to make it more playable. It was hot and windy when I played and found myself in a couple bad spots on the course and maybe that left a sour taste in my mouth. Interesting that they have 2 different handicaps for the holes depending on the wind blowing from the north or south.

FWIW that swing looks like Rory took a decent amount off to make sure he didn’t look stupid
that's one of the biggest issues with the current technology, imo. the clubheads are so huge and forgiving it allows players to swing that much harder than the old days with no penalty

if the USGA wants to roll back distance, reducing the size of the driver club heads is a good start. bring mishits back into the game

that's one of the biggest issues with the current technology, imo. the clubheads are so huge and forgiving it allows players to swing that much harder than the old days with no penalty

if the USGA wants to roll back distance, reducing the size of the driver club heads is a good start. bring mishits back into the game
I play one of those TaylorMade mini drivers so I'd love that.

I played that last month and while it is a very nice course I thought they tried too hard to make the greens as difficult as possible. Also, they could cut the 3 foot brome grass around the bunkers to make it more playable. It was hot and windy when I played and found myself in a couple bad spots on the course and maybe that left a sour taste in my mouth. Interesting that they have 2 different handicaps for the holes depending on the wind blowing from the north or south.
They are the most ridiculous greens I’ve ever seen. Hopefully next time you get better weather! I didn’t know that about the wind, though the windsock flags and the gigantic flag pole were handy lol

They are the most ridiculous greens I’ve ever seen. Hopefully next time you get better weather! I didn’t know that about the wind, though the windsock flags and the gigantic flag pole were handy lol
Glad our group wasn't the only one that felt that way. The wind makes a huge difference. Front 9 going into the south wind I shot 50 and back 9 with the wind I shot 42. I do want to play it again now knowing where you don't want to miss around the greens.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back