Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

From the RSS Chat Today... (1 Viewer)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Dean stated Frost has "Full Support of the President, Chancellor, AD, and Board of Regents.

I can tell you that is inaccurate. He does not have full support from Moos anymore, and a few on the BOR. There are a couple more on the BOR that are on the fence and have concerns about the direction on the program.

That is all.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Sean gettin' feisty in there today! Went full blast on TANK 64. Love to see it!
I didn't understand that at all...All the guy said was "How many times will be we get out-coached this season?" Typically they just ignore those types of questions. I'm not sure why that warranted a response like "Take a lap!" Maybe a little of the fanboy coming out in him?

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
I didn't understand that at all...All the guy said was "How many times will be we get out-coached this season?" Typically they just ignore those types of questions. I'm not sure why that warranted a response like "Take a lap!" Maybe a little of the fanboy coming out in him?
Fanboy/Gerrod/feeling big time that Scott is asking him for advice/white knighting

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean stated Frost has "Full Support of the President, Chancellor, AD, and Board of Regents.

I can tell you that is inaccurate. He does not have full support from Moos anymore, and a few on the BOR. There are a couple more on the BOR that are on the fence and have concerns about the direction on the program.

That is all.
Where does Moos stand with Frost?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Where does Moos stand with Frost?

From a personal standpoint, not good. Professionally, it will depend which way the wind is blowing during the course of the season. He has already tried to up the ante publicly by saying we should win 8 or 9. Long story short, it's not a case where Frost has "full support" of his AD. But it probably doesn't matter anyway because Moos will be gone before Frost.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I have a question about this, and feel free to say you can't answer the question. But, I feel like at this point it goes deeper than "doesn't have support".

Are there certain areas of the program that are of concern/not of concern? Is it offensive philosophy? Is it different pieces of the coaching staff that Frost is putting his neck out there for? Is it staff cohesiveness based on the rumors of a rift between Austin and Frost?

I ask this because I feel like it can't be an issue of the program as a whole because defense is obviously better, S&C and Nutrition is much better, and I don't feel like Recruiting is a mess like some do. So I gotta feel like there are specific things that people don't agree with Frost on and that's where people "are on the fence" about.

Also assuming the Oklahoma deal has something to do with it?

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

That is all.

You can tell with the media there's a political element to this. They get their marching orders. That's obviously not true Deab. I have a good bud who's around a regent all the time....that regent isn't "fully supporting" Frost anymore, or at least that was my understanding a few months ago. Things can change obviously so I can't say that's still the same story today.

The Moos thing is as obvious as it gets for me. The OU sitch really helped bring that to light. It told us Frost is above Moos essentially, which is bonkers to me. It also told you people above Moos were willing to change the rules in order to help their guy have a better chance to be retained. I never thought I'd see something like that in regards to Nebraska football.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Turns out embarrassing your AD is a bad move. Huh.
spank hand job GIF by funk

This adds nothing but got a kick out this while searching gifs.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Yeah Dean and some others really seem to view everything about Frost and the current situation in black and white. Just because he doesn't have higher ups actively plotting against him doesn't mean he has a free 7-year pass, or that nobody is concerned in the least. I have zero inside info or access to boosters/board of regents/whoever, but common sense says that they're not a group of identical starry-eyed Frost worshippers who are willing to follow him anywhere he goes.

Going into year four, the higher ups have clearly given incredible patience and leeway for Frost. I understand why, and I hope it pays off. But that doesn't mean that they will just keep perpetually giving him more patience and leeway for the rest of time, or for another losing season for that matter. I just don't get the point of pretending that the way someone feels in June 2021 automatically dictates the way they will feel in late November 2021 if things are circling the drain for the fourth straight year.

Also, I feel like I have to add this to the end of a lot of my posts just to be clear: I am actually rooting for Frost to succeed! I badly want it to happen and will be a depressed shell of myself if we have to declare this era a failure and move on to yet another new coach. So maybe some of these higher ups are like me: I'm firmly rooting for Frost -AND- I think he's underachieved badly so far -AND- I think he could still work out -AND- I think he's almost out of time to prove it.

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Yeah Dean and some others really seem to view everything about Frost and the current situation in black and white. Just because he doesn't have higher ups actively plotting against him doesn't mean he has a free 7-year pass, or that nobody is concerned in the least. I have zero inside info or access to boosters/board of regents/whoever, but common sense says that they're not a group of identical starry-eyed Frost worshippers who are willing to follow him anywhere he goes.

Going into year four, the higher ups have clearly given incredible patience and leeway for Frost. I understand why, and I hope it pays off. But that doesn't mean that they will just keep perpetually giving him more patience and leeway for the rest of time, or for another losing season for that matter. I just don't get the point of pretending that the way someone feels in June 2021 automatically dictates the way they will feel in late November 2021 if things are circling the drain for the fourth straight year.

Also, I feel like I have to add this to the end of a lot of my posts just to be clear: I am actually rooting for Frost to succeed! I badly want it to happen and will be a depressed shell of myself if we have to declare this era a failure and move on to yet another new coach. So maybe some of these higher ups are like me: I'm firmly rooting for Frost -AND- I think he's underachieved badly so far -AND- I think he could still work out -AND- I think he's almost out of time to prove it.
I am convinced Sean gets orders from one man on how to handle Scott:
11885069.jpeg

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I am convinced Sean gets orders from one man on how to handle Scott:
11885069.jpeg
Haha I picture him "handling" Dean like a mobster.

GERROD: "I'm not tellin you what to do Dean, you know dat right? I would nevah tell a big man like YOU what to do"
DEAN: "No, no of course not, I'm my own man! I've risen to power all on my own!"
GERROD: "Dat's right dat's right, we just... we see tings the same way, don't we? You're one of us..."
DEAN: "Yeah!"
GERROD: "What?"
DEAN: "I mean- yes sir."
FROST: "Hey Dean... how many scholarships do you think we have to give out this year?"
DEAN: "15! I mean... 15 by my calculations sir..."
FROST: "And how many higher ups are after my job?"
DEAN: "Absolutely none sir..."
FROST: "...He's alright."

*Gerrod throws a wad of cash in Dean's face and they drive off*

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

Nailed it

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds