Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone read RSS chat today? (1 Viewer)

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
Not sure how anyone can defend anything that Raiola has done with the OL this year. They look more clueless under Raiola than the prior coaches:

Steven Sipple

Columnist​

Staff member

• Today at 10:34 AM
  • Add bookmark
How does Raiola still have a job? Our O line actually got worse from last year; I didn't even think that was possible.
The line Saturday was without three starters: Prochazka, Bando and Nouili.
Raiola walked into a bad situation, and it got worse.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I will say that Raiola was dealt an aboslute shit sandwich of a hand. Nouili not being able to play, Prochazka being hurt again...really bad breaks and would probably make this offensive line a lot, lot better.

But Benhart is easily the worst OL I've seen Nebraska put out there in a long time...and that's saying something considering how bad some of the linemen have been.. he has taken a major step back from a place where I thought there was no where to go but up.

I can't completely blame Raiola. He was offered a job and he accepted it. He had no business being offered the job and that is very apparent now. Frost being a dead man walking likely scared any decent candidate away.

When Hixson is your best OL, what can that coach possibly do? Lol

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I will say that Raiola was dealt an aboslute shit sandwich of a hand. Nouili not being able to play, Prochazka being hurt again...really bad breaks and would probably make this offensive line a lot, lot better.

But Benhart is easily the worst OL I've seen Nebraska put out there in a long time...and that's saying something considering how bad some of the linemen have been.. he has taken a major step back from a place where I thought there was no where to go but up.

I can't completely blame Raiola. He was offered a job and he accepted it. He had no business being offered the job and that is very apparent now. Frost being a dead man walking likely scared any decent candidate away.

Frost could have quadrupled a good MAC OL coach's salary and given him a 2/3 year guaranteed deal. You ain't poaching a great OL coach in a stable situation, but you could easily have gotten someone better than Uncle Donny

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Hunter Anthony probably worse than Benhart.

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
How about this beauty from Sean? I thought that was the reasoning for a roster of 150+

[IMG alt="Sean Callahan"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/0/164.jpg?1654006239[/IMG]

Sean Callahan

Publisher​

Staff member
  • Today at 10:16 AM
  • Add bookmark
This coaching regime always preached reps in practice. They said they wanted to go fast in practice and have an oversized roster so everybody can get reps. Reps, reps, reps, they said. Was that real? What do they all do at practice?
Very hard question to answer without seeing practice. You can only give your No. 2 unit so many reps if you run one field in practice. You really dont' see anyone running two fields with two scout squads. Not easy to do.

doublewing

Running Back
How about this beauty from Sean? I thought that was the reasoning for a roster of 150+

[IMG alt="Sean Callahan"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/0/164.jpg?1654006239[/IMG]

Sean Callahan

Publisher​

Staff member
  • Today at 10:16 AM
  • Add bookmark

Very hard question to answer without seeing practice. You can only give your No. 2 unit so many reps if you run one field in practice. You really dont' see anyone running two fields with two scout squads. Not easy to do.
If you are not giving your backup QB some snaps with the 1's every week, you are not investing in a primary contingency. Get him enough time to understand what packages he's good with should the time come.

If you don't you get what we saw on Saturday with Purdy.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member

Don’t forget Benharts twin turd Corcoran.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
If you are not giving your backup QB some snaps with the 1's every week, you are not investing in a primary contingency. Get him enough time to understand what packages he's good with should the time come.

If you don't you get what we saw on Saturday with Purdy.

Purdy (and the 2s) run the same packages and plays as Casey (and 1s) do. Sometimes Purdy will take a handful of practice snaps with the 1s. Logan is usually running his set packages.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
This may be the most worthless thing that RSS offers and they do offer a lot of worthless things.

From kneepads Sipple:

[IMG alt="Steven Sipple"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/475/475769.jpg?1654022212[/IMG]

Steven Sipple

Columnist​

Staff member

• Today at 10:26 AM
  • Add bookmark

I'd like to think either Purdy or Smothers (or Torres or Haarberg) could seize that job.
I don't think Smothers will be an option.

My guess is they bring somebody in from the portal and that is a 3 way QB battle with that QB, Purdy and Torres.

I also am not going to overly judge Purdy on what I saw against a good defense and an OC not doing him any favors. Grant had fucking 12 carries and we thought it was best to YOLO the ball around against a pretty good defense? WTF.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Let me guess, if I open RSS chat the first question will be “who do you think our next HC will be?” And if I kept reading there’d be 56 more of the same fucking Q&A?

GAHusker

Cornerback
Has anyone ever came out of a chat and said, "Wow, I didn't know that!"

No. It's always "The Sky is blue" kinda comments.
I was never apart of the old site and only signed up for the new one bc it was so cheap. Maybe I am missing something, but I can never find much there that is very worthwhile. Do they even purport to have inside information?

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
I was never apart of the old site and only signed up for the new one bc it was so cheap. Maybe I am missing something, but I can never find much there that is very worthwhile. Do they even purport to have inside information?

Bummer. I thought you were the guy from the old site with good information this whole time

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

Raw, truthful…and feels what I imagine a sandpaper dildo to feel like.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds