Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone read RSS chat today?

Purdy (and the 2s) run the same packages and plays as Casey (and 1s) do. Sometimes Purdy will take a handful of practice snaps with the 1s. Logan is usually running his set packages.
There’s no way Purdy looks as bad as he did Saturday as he does in practice, right?

I started calling sipple and Callahan “The Blog Boys” on social media and RSS. It pisses them off.

But tunnel talk and RSS chats read as if they are personal blogs; alas I must call them the blog boys

i like you Vern, but no need to say “alas” round these parts sumbitch
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

So, we can't announce a new hire early because we don't want to hurt someone's feelings?

[IMG alt="Sean Callahan"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/0/164.jpg?1654006239[/IMG]

Sean Callahan

Publisher​

Staff member

Why would Nebraska not want to name a coach after this upcoming weekend? We won't be bowl eligible.

Is there anything to play for other than pride? Would it generate some needed enthusiasm around the program? I wouldn't be surprised if Turd has his guy that he pulls the trigger after we get stomped by Michigan. Thoughts?
Here's why you don't do it. It's not fair to the current coaches and players who still have a job to do. All the questions to them would be about the new hire and not the upcoming games itself. That's not what you want. The players put in a lot of work and time for these 12 games and to upstage 3 of them would not be ideal. I still believe as early as Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend it will get out and be official.

So, we can't announce a new hire early because we don't want to hurt someone's feelings?

[IMG alt="Sean Callahan"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/0/164.jpg?1654006239[/IMG]

Sean Callahan

Publisher​

Staff member

Here's why you don't do it. It's not fair to the current coaches and players who still have a job to do. All the questions to them would be about the new hire and not the upcoming games itself. That's not what you want. The players put in a lot of work and time for these 12 games and to upstage 3 of them would not be ideal. I still believe as early as Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend it will get out and be official.
I mean, that's the most likely regardless of Dean says it.

If they announce it after Michigan loss and before Thanksgiving and it's MJ going full-time, then we're fucked.

It is fun to watch Callahan and Sipple on their postgame show. They don’t always agree, both are opinionated and don’t like being disagreed with. Not a lot of new info brought to light, but is fun to watch. Robin enjoys it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back