Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Former Nebraska women's basketball player Ashley Scoggin files lawsuit against school (2 Viewers)

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
The suit doesn't say anyting about Williams husband being involved in the Costco meet up. It says Love and Mr. Williams were out at a bar and Love invited Scoggin to come out. She declined.
The Costco meet up came later and in fact the suit specifically mentions that the Costco meetup would just be with Love.

I know WILLIAMS Husband wasnt at Costco cause I read the doc. I just wanted to use the TWO Hot Dog Reference and the $1.79

LOVE also began messaging ASHLEY directly through SnapChat. This included contacting her late at night and asking her to meet him for drinks. Sometimes LOVE would tell her that he was out drinking with WILLIAMS’ husband and he would invite ASHLEY to join them. ASHLEY did not accept the first several invitations to meet LOVE for drinks.

When ASHLEY eventually did accept one of LOVE’s SnapChat invitations, they met in the parking lot of a Costco, after midnight. LOVE told ASHLEY he had just left the bars.

A few days later, LOVE invited ASHLEY to meet him and WILLIAMS’ husband for drinks; she declined. LOVE then asked ASHLEY to meet just him. They again met very late at night at the Costo parking lot.

But my "this is odd" thought still stands:
LOVE and WILLIAMS Husband out drinking and LOVE asking a ball player on WILLIAMS team, certainly known to WILLIAMS Husband, to come meet them for drinks.
If I am out drinking with my buddy and a Booty Call arrangement comes up, I'm bailing on my buddy. Unless said buddy wants in on the action.
Regardless.
The WILLIAMS Husband connection is very strange an will probably eventually lead to the "fact" that WILLIAMS knew early as her Husband certainly did know.

Not a lawyer, but I play one on TV.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
But my "this is odd" thought still stands:
LOVE and WILLIAMS Husband out drinking and LOVE asking a ball player on WILLIAMS team, certainly known to WILLIAMS Husband, to come meet them for drinks.
If I am out drinking with my buddy and a Booty Call arrangement comes up, I'm bailing on my buddy. Unless said buddy wants in on the action.
Regardless.
The WILLIAMS Husband connection is very strange an will probably eventually lead to the "fact" that WILLIAMS knew early as her Husband certainly did know.
Yeah. My guess is Love mentioned he was hanging with Mr. Williams just to make it seem more casual, not like a "date" thing. Had Scoggin actually accepted, my guess is the meeting-at-a-public-bar plan would have quickly changed to something more private, like meeting in a empty parking lot after midnight.

I don't read this as evidence that Mr. Williams knew what was going on. Though he might have later:

She was also concerned that WILLIAMS’ husband, who was a personal friend of LOVE, was posting suggestive emojis on ASHLEY’s social media account.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Yeah. My guess is Love mentioned he was hanging with Mr. Williams just to make it seem more casual, not like a "date" thing. Had Scoggin actually accepted, my guess is the meeting-at-a-public-bar plan would have quickly changed to something more private, like meeting in a empty parking lot after midnight.

I don't read this as evidence that Mr. Williams knew what was going on. Though he might have later:

She was also concerned that WILLIAMS’ husband, who was a personal friend of LOVE, was posting suggestive emojis on ASHLEY’s social media account.

I did NOT see that part....this is just pretty sordid stuff. Maybe Mr. Williams is a bad guy too.

Another thing I found the lawsuit is interesting is that it refers to the Plaintiff by her First Name and all the Defendants by their last Names.
Ashley vs Scoggin

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I did NOT see that part....this is just pretty sordid stuff. Maybe Mr. Williams is a bad guy too.

Another thing I found the lawsuit is interesting is that it refers to the Plaintiff by her First Name and all the Defendants by their last Names.
Ashley vs Scoggin
Gotta humanize her and make everyone else seem like villainous authority figures

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
7ri1xcc.jpg

N4XC5v0_d.webp

moar

post_3091392393765398356.jpg

m8hgPJ5.jpeg

images.jpg

Attachments

• m8hgPJ5.jpeg
    m8hgPJ5.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 3

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
So they players suspected something, caught her, and then it was brought up in a team meeting the next day to find out what she was doing in Love's room. I don't see how Williams or Alberts are at fault. If Williams learned about it and took no action then sure, she would have been enabling him and his behavior. Unless I'm mistaken, he was then suspended and fired.

Also...unless Scoggin reported this to the athletic department first, I'm not sure where the issue lands. The only thing I could see is a complaint that Williams took it to a team meeting instead of reporting it to the athletic department...but if they only found Scoggin in Love's room and not in the process of banging him, they wouldn't have proof of anything inappropriate happening which is why they grilled them at the meeting.

Then again I'm just some fuckin guy and not a lawyer...

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
That would be the damning part if they can prove he knew. If Love was hanging out with the husband and just messaged Scoggin to hook up. The husband might not know anything specific and could have been told that it was some side piece for Love...or maybe he didn't know anything.

What were the "suggestive" emotes and did he also leave similar emotes on other players' social media accounts?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Wasn’t there a long discussion about the Beatrice 6 on this board?

I’ve given up using this boards search function, seems totally useless most of the time
Even if there was, there wasnt enough discussion about it. That story never gets old. We have a saying in my office when someone fucks something up, we say "he Winslowed it."

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
That would be the damning part if they can prove he knew. If Love was hanging out with the husband and just messaged Scoggin to hook up. The husband might not know anything specific and could have been told that it was some side piece for Love...or maybe he didn't know anything.

What were the "suggestive" emotes and did he also leave similar emotes on other players' social media accounts?

👉👌

perhaps?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds