Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Former Nebraska women's basketball player Ashley Scoggin files lawsuit against school (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
What was the deal with the team meeting in the first place? That's the weirdest thing. Tell Turd, and say they're both are suspended until we figure this out back in Lincoln. And that's that. What a strange move to have some type of council with the players.

They were talking about it on Sharp and Handley. Basically, they are saying they don’t believe that it happened or if it did it most certainly didn’t happen the way they’re saying it did in the lawsuit.

If they’re telling the truth, Amy Williams doesn’t need to be here.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
They were talking about it on Sharp and Handley. Basically, they are saying they don’t believe that it happened or if it did it most certainly didn’t happen the way they’re saying it did in the lawsuit.

Ya, I just don't see it happening the way they're describing it either. Would be coaching malpractice to let the players run the show in some type of player council situation to determine what needs to be done.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree with this - 100%.

The meeting though shouldn't have happened, but timing and circumstances have to he taken into consideration. If the team was on the road and they had a game, Williams needed to do something. She may have known she'd get absolutely nowhere with either of them alone...or the 2 together speaking with Williams.

i.e. Williams hands could've been tied a bit and she thought that was her only option at that moment in time - to get the truth. Assuming that's how it went down, not the greatest judgment on Amy's behalf. The whole damn team at that point knew about it, so being a leader she needed to do something.
The only truth is or should be that once she found out, he immediately gets a leave of absence and removed from the team.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
People in here that are blaming the former player/young adult are weird. More than likely the blame should go to the full grown man who is in a position of power of the young woman. How did you all feel about Larry Nasar? Should those girl have just "kept their legs closed", you fucking weirdos.
This.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member

From what I know...the events in the suit are facts.

@nja13 any chance you can c/p that lawsuit here...link not working for me

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
People in here that are blaming the former player/young adult are weird. More than likely the blame should go to the full grown man who is in a position of power of the young woman. How did you all feel about Larry Nasar? Should those girl have just "kept their legs closed", you fucking weirdos.
I agree with the theory of what you’re saying, however, that adult in a position of power was fired for this and he isn’t suing UNL.

I’m sure there are plenty of demons hidden in this story that add context where we are just speculating. I don’t believe they were all out to get Ashley, though. Some, perhaps many, were on her shoulder.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm probably a bad person for thinking this, but she was of consenting age. Excuse the pun, but she sort of "fucked" over her team with inappropriate adult behavior. So checking in is irrelevant from my perspective. And he was completely and utterly inappropriate with his actions as well. Neither is no longer here, nor should they be.

There is context from the university's side that we haven't heard yet. Assuming the meeting happened in front of the whole team, that to me is something the university might be uncomfortable about.

Again though, I come back to her being a consenting adult....AND he is no longer with the program. If it's not consenting, then it's rape. You don't see her going down that road. Everyone knows his resignation means that he wasn't going to be retained. It's not like there wasn't accountability from the University with both parties.
Multiple things are true at once. I agree with your points.

The problem is the player/coach dynamic. He holds power over her. It violates the integrity of that relationship. He knows better. As a coach, it is gross negligence.

If he was screwing a 21 year old Nebraska coed that he didn’t coach, fine.

That is not the case here. It’s wrong on every level.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
"Following the emotionality of the team, Williams suspended..."

Never heard the word "emotionality" before. Not saying that's bad grammar/writing, just seems like an odd phrase

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds