Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How former high school football stars are faring at schools outside Nebraska (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Besides Fant the others weren't highly rated hence the reason they went to smaller football programs. Austin was born in Lincoln. There were wild rumors over the years that Lawrence Phillips might have been his father who knows if true. Little known fact, Austin played at a high school in Colorado that garnered national attention because of their Mascot. Their Mascot was The Beavers, that wasn't the issue until you saw the name of his town and high school. Eaton, CO. So they were called the Eaton Beavers. Later changed to Reds due to outcry from the general public.
@Eaton Beaver it all makes sense now

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here's an interesting list I found when looking into this:

Nebraska-born players

A few of these guys have retired or essentially retired, but still interesting.

I had no idea Cody Whitehair was born in Kearney. The guy has been a pretty damn good player when healthy.

Last edited:

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
were the prospects that are in the NFL from NE actually top recruits or guys that developed later? I mean one is Greg zeurlein who I wouldn’t really count .. another is Brett Maher & Cam Jurgens on the list who played here . Would have to do more research on the others … those are the only few I can think of off the top of my head..
Did more research on this. There’s 10 born in Nebraska but 8 who were high school in nebraska.

Whitehair was born in Kearney and Isaiah Simmons(Clemson) was actually born in Omaha but attended HS in Kansas.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds