Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If you could add one former Nebraska player to this year’s team, who would you add? (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
The only position that can affect a game more than a dominant DL/DE is a QB. So I guess I'd take Turner Gill or Brook Berringer. Tommie just isn't a good enough passer for today's offense. But then again a Suh or Glover would immediately make our defense and team way better. While I agree that our OL is a weak part of the team, it takes 5 OL to be effective, 1 just doesn't get it done.
Glover is another good pick

doublewing

Running Back
So much needed, one of three:

Dominant OL like Rimmington, Shields, Fonoti, Raiola or Weigert
Interior DL - Suh
Defensive playmaker/leader - LaVonte David or Mike Brown

I wouldn't opt for another QB or great RB as I think their ability could be almost wholly negated by a bad OL.

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think 1 badass LT would make the biggest difference. We can't afford to get Sims hurt and our RB Room is deep but not sure they can get yards on their own. Bob Brown was a beast back in the day with a long NFL career. Or more recently Weigert or even Rimington so we could slide Scott out to Tackle. Heck more recent Tackles like Lyndon Murtha, Marcel Jones, Alex Lewis or Brenden Jaimes would make a huge difference for our OL.

If I was worried about Defense I'd say Suh, Lavonte David, Randy Gregory or maybe even Turd Alberts as he was a heck of a Pass Rusher who would thrive in this defense.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm really tempted to say Suh because of how much he could take over a game .. But man, having Wiegert on our team would be a monster upgrade over Cocoran would be all the difference, too and would help protect Sims

It's damn close but I have to go Wiegert with our obvious OL needs

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
Thi
I’d add Suh for sure

Ndamukong Suh Celebration GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
This is always the answer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds