Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Fong bomb 1/9 (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Usually I agree with you but this is one of those I don't agree with you. Yant is actually pretty good, Held just mismanaged his room so badly no one got a chance to shine
Hope you’re right. The only play that stands out is his tripping over the 1yd line versus Minnesota. Maybe the worst play by an RB all year.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really wish I knew more that happened behind the scenes.. It sounds like he is a kid who needs some hand holding.
Three thoughts here this fine Sunday morning:
  1. I'm certainly glad that I didn't face the scrutiny that our hut hut players face during their collegiate tenure. While it was a different era entirely (Paleozoic) when I was in school, college kids inherently make crummy decision makers. Yant likely stands a better chance of not washing out of school because of the structure the team and surrounding personnel that will help keep him "on the rails" as he learns and grows.
  2. There's no way I'd want to try and tackle a human bowling ball like Deondre Jackson. Fuck all that.
  3. IF the addition of guys like Thompson and Jackson from Texas help us become a better team and win something meaningful, the voices that claim we lost our natural recruiting base in TX when we switched conferences will have finally be proven right (hell, a stopped clock is right twice a day, so why not?). If that hypothesis is confirmed, we need to redouble our efforts to recruit TX, and hard.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Three thoughts here this fine Sunday morning:
  1. I'm certainly glad that I didn't face the scrutiny that our hut hut players face during their collegiate tenure. While it was a different era entirely (Paleozoic) when I was in school, college kids inherently make crummy decision makers. Yant likely stands a better chance of not washing out of school because of the structure the team and surrounding personnel that will help keep him "on the rails" as he learns and grows.
  2. There's no way I'd want to try and tackle a human bowling ball like Deondre Jackson. Fuck all that.
  3. IF the addition of guys like Thompson and Jackson from Texas help us become a better team and win something meaningful, the voices that claim we lost our natural recruiting base in TX when we switched conferences will have finally be proven right (hell, a stopped clock is right twice a day, so why not?). If that hypothesis is confirmed, we need to redouble our efforts to recruit TX, and hard.
Jackson is from GA

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Usually I agree with you but this is one of those I don't agree with you. Yant is actually pretty good, Held just mismanaged his room so badly no one got a chance to shine
If Yant’s good enough then prove it and he’ll get plying time. If he’s scared of competing then GTFO.

If anyone on a 3-9 team thinks they’re too good to not have to compete for playing time…

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
If Yant’s good enough then prove it and he’ll get plying time. If he’s scared of competing then GTFO.

If anyone on a 3-9 team thinks they’re too good to not have to compete for playing time…
99 percent of the time this is correct. I truly believe the coaching and play calling was so bad it handcuffed everything. Personal decisions were baffling all year long

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

That last line is a bringo.
Check It Out Tim And Eric GIF

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Are we taking this guy just to add a body? Doesn’t seem to have the profile of a guy you would affirmatively set your sights on.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds