Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Fong Bomb for ‘23 QB (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who are his offers from? I don't have 247 access.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Relaxed Mad Men GIF

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I’m sure tater island will lose their minds because he isn’t a local kid.

The local kid narrative is stupid and how we end up with kinds like Piper or whatever the fuck his name is being a best option as a freshman and sophomore.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Sweet! It's interesting that we're still bringing in small-ish dual threat guys at QB like this guy and Thompson, especially after seeming to switch to more pro-style bodies like Haarberg and Torres for a couple years AND obviously bringing in Whipple. I'm very intrigued by how the offense is going to look!

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I’m sure tater island will lose their minds because he isn’t a local kid.

The local kid narrative is stupid and how we end up with kinds like Piper or whatever the fuck his name is being a best option as a freshman and sophomore.
Yeah for every hit there is a miss or two. I’ll say Cavanaugh’s atrocious o-line recruiting was a big reason Piper had to play.

We need Lutovsky to be a hit not a miss. Badly.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Sweet! It's interesting that we're still bringing in small-ish dual threat guys at QB like this guy and Thompson, especially after seeming to switch to more pro-style bodies like Haarberg and Torres for a couple years AND obviously bringing in Whipple. I'm very intrigued by how the offense is going to look!
Kid has a cannon arm I thought I read.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Kid has a cannon arm I thought I read.
Oh I have no doubt he can do whatever we need, just talking more about body type I guess. Seemed like we were veering more toward tall lanky "NFL style" bodies for a couple recruiting cycles (Haarberg and Torres are both 6'5 I think) but Thompson, Purdy, and now Watson are all 6'1-6'2 and were considered dual threat QBs as recruits.

Please note - I barely follow recruiting so there's a chance I don't know what I'm talking about

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
so basically the best offer list of a HS kid we have had at the position since Adrian Martinez.
Bud Elliott of 247 and the Cover 3 Podcast talks a lot of about how Boston College does a really good job of identifying talent before the big boy schools.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds