Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

I brought up H-back/TE talk. That's what he did last year. Backup QB, and TE/H-back where he had zero ball security issues.
He caught the ball one fucking time??? How do you expect him to show his ball security problems on one catch? I don’t have the answer to this, I only know he caught the pass. But does anyone know how many snaps he played at Minnesota last year? I don’t think it was 10-15 & I don’t know why you would think he’d play more this year than he would’ve last year (if we didn’t need him at QB) Considering we should have far more depth at the skill positions.

He caught the ball one fucking time??? How do you expect him to show his ball security problems on one catch? I don’t have the answer to this, I only know he caught the pass. But does anyone know how many snaps he played at Minnesota last year? I don’t think it was 10-15 & I don’t know why you would think he’d play more this year than he would’ve last year (if we didn’t need him at QB) Considering we should have far more depth at the skill positions.
Most of the critics of his usage this year itt are acting like he won't be able to take a single snap without dropping it. In fact I think someone said something similar in here, but I'm admittedly too lazy to go back and find it.

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

This is an impressive thread. I'll see my way out. We can talk after this first couple games and see if he gets any snaps. I think people need to be prepared to see it. I'll trust the coaches know a bit more than us on the message board.

He can move side to side and block better than Fidone, especially from the H-back spot. It's why first game of 2023 we subbed guys in like.... wait for it..... Haarberg for Fidone. He also can throw better than Fidone.

Still not taking Fidone off the field much because I expect an all-conference year out of him, but there are definitely things HH can do better than pretty much anyone you would list offensively dependent on situation. I believe that's why our coaches are adamant to get him on the field.
HH can absolutely not move side to side better than Fidone. That’s absolutely not true even a little

This has been my thoughts exactly. People have dramatically oversold the concept that Haarberg can only run in a straight with a hole in front of him. Is he Dennard Robinson? Not even close. But his running abilities are closer to Taylor Martinez. Things will be as simple as possible when/if he is ever in at QB. He won't be making reads AND he likely will have the benefit of the radio in his helmet in that situation too, so Satt will be able to help remind him of his role.

But I also don't think he will see the majority of his snaps at QB. We will likely get wildcat situational packages at QB, but I don't see that being north of 5 snaps a game. What we will see more of is him on the field with Raiola taking the snap still, with him as an H-back. We saw it a few times against Minnesota last year, and I think we will see more of it this year too.

The reality is that he is one of the best athletes on the team and is a legitimate threat to house it any time he touches the ball. In a proper role, Haarberg is a legitimate weapon. I don't know why that is hard for people to grasp...
Taylor Martinez?

You must be on crack

You need to go back and rewatch the first couple games HH started. He was trucking guys to the point he was starting to get himself hurt. That's when the switch flipped to him running less aggressively. It was actually a huge talking point at that time in the season, but apparently forgotten now. The guy can scoot.
I’ll believe it when I see it. Not saying that he won’t improve but he was not looking like a natural runner at all last year.

That's simply wrong and not true.

But, for argument's sake, let's pretend it is true. Then we need to give our OL a hell of a lot more credit because they opened some "wide wide wide" holes for him to get nearly 500 yards last year...when everyone was loading the box and knew that we were running.

Which narrative do you prefer?
I prefer the one where he doesn’t throw the ball at all.

As i've been telling people all along, we have a running QB package for goalline, short yardage, and in case we need to get Raiola off the field for a play or series. We also have some packages of him at H-back/TE where he and Raiola are on the field at the same time.

He will get 10-15 snaps.

I like the running QB package for him. Not to be used all the time or scheduled, but it could work nice in some situations or if Raiola just needs a series off to compose himself either from contact or just being a bit flustered. Or even to jump start the offense if it's stalling a bit. A bit of variety that opponents have to prepare for that shouldn't eat up much of our preparation.

Fine with Haarberg taking some transitional H-back snaps if Kaelin is transitioning to 2nd string QB, as that is where it is looking to head next year.

I prefer the one where he doesn’t throw the ball at all.
Not even what we are discussing. We all agree with that. Literally NO ONE is saying that we should pull Raiola out and bring in Haarberg to sling it around the field.

We are discussing HHs running abilities. Is Haarberg a better runner than you gave him credit for, or was our OL just elite last year?

Obviously our OL wasn't elite and Haarberg deserves more credit as a runner. And that's simply the point we are trying to make. Haarberg is a good runner and their are situations and packages that it will be a benefit to have him in there.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back