Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

I'll never understand how some people could watch Emmett run for 5ypc last year when everyone knew they were running the ball and call him mid....makes no sense lol. He's going to take that job and won't give it up until he leaves. He has Ameer Abdullah potential all over hm.
I think he's closer to Newby than Abdullah. He's gonna be serviceable, but I don't think he's going to have anyone thinking he's from the glory years either. I don't think anyone hits 1,000 yards this year.

I think he's closer to Newby than Abdullah. He's gonna be serviceable, but I don't think he's going to have anyone thinking he's from the glory years either. I don't think anyone hits 1,000 yards this year.
Man...Newby was going to be very good in 2016? Before he got hurt.

I'll never understand how some people could watch Emmett run for 5ypc last year when everyone knew they were running the ball and call him mid....makes no sense lol. He's going to take that job and won't give it up until he leaves. He has Ameer Abdullah potential all over hm.
I hope he proves me wrong, but saying he has Ameer Abdullah potential is a little much.

Man...Newby was going to be very good in 2016? Before he got hurt.
He played in all games in 2016. Averaged about 16.5 touches a game. Had 1,002 total yards of offense, 864 rushing. Two 100 yard rushing games. Not bad, but not anything to put up next to a guy like Ameer. Pretty average overall really.

How is that manifesting in his play though? Is he dropping passes because he's nervous? Is he running the wrong route because he's not able to focus?

The mental aspect is important, but only to the point where it impacts what you're doing physically. Ultimately, his ability to physically perform is what determines whether he'll play, so what are the mental/confidence issues doing to his play?
Probably because his consistency in practice and actually practicing on a consistent basis doesn't lead to much trust in earning time...

The last tie breker is always a random draw or coinflip. Realize, the chances of ever getting that far down on the tiebreaking chart are miniscule, but you have to have something if everything from top to bottom is exactly the same between the teams.
And then they select Michigan or OSU Senior.

Unrelated but I never saw the ratings number for our Ireland game.

How fuckin embarrassing was it that 4.5m people watched Scott Frost shit his pants on the sideline in Ireland. Yikes.

Weird that more people tuned into watch a top 10 team with a name brand qb than to watch two of the consistently worst teams in the B1G.

The miracle is that NU could pull that many people when they have been that shitty playing an opponent that irrelevant.

Not sure why this guy thinks those number comparison are notable.

Anyone freaking out about this in another thread yet?

As long as he's figured out ball security, this honestly doesn't bother me like most people on here. I tend to agree that he's too athletic to be on the bench, regardless of a lot of what we saw last year.

I'm not freaking out, but I did read it and immediately think it's nonsense. I will say though, because I turn into a psychopath when I watch games, when he fumbles I will absolutely go crazy.
I'm being they are talking it up and will show a couple looks vs UTEP so Colorado has to waste time preparing for it

Weird that more people tuned into watch a top 10 team with a name brand qb than to watch two of the consistently worst teams in the B1G.

The miracle is that NU could pull that many people when they have been that shitty playing an opponent that irrelevant.

Not sure why this guy thinks those number comparison are notable.
There were also 11 week 0 games in 2022 with a number of P5 teams. This year, only 4 week 0 games, and this one was basically the only one with a major conference team (SMU just got a seat-filler job with the ACC this year).

Dude's probably just trying to rile up Husker fans for clicks, because he knows that our fanbase will still move the needle more than FSU or GT.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back