Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

@ShortSideOption whats gonna happen at LT? Is there anyone behind Corc that can do the job?
I see them moving Gottula back over there and starting Corcoran, honestly. They moved Gottula to RT because Teddy and TC were battling it out, moved Knaack to guard since they felt good about their 2 deep at tackle, with guys like Brix waiting in the wings.

I don't like Corcoran over there anymore than the next guy but let's see what kind of shuffling happens this fall camp, and who knows, a true freshman may be ready (though that's a long shot).

Because a wildcat RB can't throw. Anyone trying to argue that they'd rather have a wildcat RB throw down there opposed to Haarberg is not living in reality.
Fair enough. I understand Lat, yourself and others wanting him inside the 5. Even though I really don't agree with that either. I'm more talking about those that want to see a package for him outside of that. When it comes to inside the 5 or on the goal line instead of putting HH out there, I'd rather give it to a RB or allow our generational QB to make a play with his arm or legs. He's not going to be asked to run a QB power type play nor should he be.

I just don't know why anyone that watched this team last year would want HH on the field (outside of garbage time) when we have Raiola. I think that if HH wasn't from Kearney and was from out of the state of Nebraska no one would be asking for him to play.

Prochazka's injury happened on grass.
I know I was talking about Gradney, Bell, and Blye Hill. Unfortunately Teddy is injury prone. I'm just curious if we have a potential problem practicing on grass but playing on turf or is it just a coincidence.

I think the point most of us are making is that HH can't throw down there either (or at least he shouldn't)
The problem people are making with him throwing are thinking he’s going to be throwing the ball into a compressed field with tight zone coverage. That’s not how shit works on the GL vs 32,23, and 14 personnel. The defense is going to be in their goal line defense. With 5 to 6 on the LOS. And the rest pressed up. The personnel grouping creates space.

I really don’t get why that’s difficult to understand. It’s a packed box, with man to man. It doesn’t take much run action at all to throw a pop or an arrow to score.

I’m a big proponent of Q run. Extra hat. And Baylor under Rhule ran a bunch of Q power from 13 personnel and were very successful. All over the field.

The problem people are making with him throwing are thinking he’s going to be throwing the ball into a compressed field with tight zone coverage. That’s not how shit works on the GL vs 32,23, and 14 personnel. The defense is going to be in their goal line defense. With 5 to 6 on the LOS. And the rest pressed up. The personnel grouping creates space.

I really don’t get why that’s difficult to understand. It’s a packed box, with man to man. It doesn’t take much run action at all to throw a pop or an arrow to score.

I’m a big proponent of Q run. Extra hat. And Baylor under Rhule ran a bunch of Q power from 13 personnel and were very successful. All over the field.
Which is why I made the point that HH missed wide open receivers a lot last year. Even if the coverage is favorable, I don’t believe HH is reliable enough to make that throw, or even find the open receiver. I’d rather live and die on the arm of Raiola.

20240806_190153.jpg

Which is why I made the point that HH missed wide open receivers a lot last year. Even if the coverage is favorable, I don’t believe HH is reliable enough to make that throw, or even find the open receiver. I’d rather live and die on the arm of Raiola.
And that's fine, and legit criticism. The whole compressed field and too many defenders in zone coverage idea grinds my gears.

I think the point most of us are making is that HH can't throw down there either (or at least he shouldn't)
That’s fair. My argument was he can throw better than a wildcat RB, so I don’t mind him having a package of plays especially in short yardage or goal line situations.

How hard is it to understand that HH sucks? Get over him already.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back