Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

If HH comes in on the GL, windows aren't tight. Not for a thumper at QB that is going to run 2 plays...Q Power, Q Duo. They're going to suck up...hard. He'd literally throw a bluff route, a corner route, or possibly a pop pass, and in all likelihood, when those are called, you're getting guys one on one, or dudes come wide open because they're selling out to stop the Q Power and Q Duo. A defense isn't sitting in a 2 high shell playing zone coverage on the 2 yard line when the offense is in 14, 22, 23, or 32 personnel.

It's situational football. Every defense changes

The field condenses in the redzone and more importantly on the goalline. When you are going to be running many times anyway due to the passing windows shrinking, a running threat at QB to add another eligible player the defense has to account for rather than possibly risking injury to Raiola is something I really like. Further, Haarberg is more than a wildcat RB playing the position, he has a much better arm than an average wildcat insert.

It also gives the defense other things they have to prepare for, one of the many reasons that teams like Oregon run the swinging gate PAT attempt. They run maybe one play a game out of it, but the defense has to spend much more time getting ready to defend it. With practices limited by the NCAA, that's another leg-up we can have.

For Nebraska, they already installed the running packages for Haarberg last year anyway, so you aren't introducing anything new. In regards to your last sentence, what if we leave Raiola in and he throws a pick? How many people would be screaming to just do a QB sneak or run the ball?

There's a time and a place for HH at QB IMO.
The concept I have no issue with, and completely see the adv. with making it an 11v11 game in goal to go.

Evidently we disagree on Haarberg, I don’t trust him. And watching him run with the pad level of Forest Gump in short yardage situations like he did last year makes me physically ill. I don’t think he has any feel for the game.

Maybe he will prove me wrong. I am guessing they will try it at some point early on.

The concept I have no issue with, and completely see the adv. with making it an 11v11 game in goal to go.

Evidently we disagree on Haarberg, I don’t trust him. And watching him run with the pad level of Forest Gump in short yardage situations like he did last year makes me physically ill. I don’t think he has any feel for the game.

Maybe he will prove me wrong. I am guessing they will try it at some point early on.
I'd argue, if that's the role they're going to carve out for him to help the team. I'm guessing pad level, etc. will all improve.

Like hey, HH, you're going to come in on SY situations under 3 yards. We're running Q power, get behind Maccuzza and just plow through the A gap. Q Duo. Come down hill, read the Mike, if he plugs, knife off tackle, if he doesn't, plow through the A-B gap. Oh hey, we're going to run one play action off of Q Power, where our H/FB is going to bluff the kick and slip him into the flat. He's going to be wide open, 2-3 steps downhill, pop back, throw outside.

If HH comes in on the GL, windows aren't tight. Not for a thumper at QB that is going to run 2 plays...Q Power, Q Duo. They're going to suck up...hard. He'd literally throw a bluff route, a corner route, or possibly a pop pass, and in all likelihood, when those are called, you're getting guys one on one, or dudes come wide open because they're selling out to stop the Q Power and Q Duo. A defense isn't sitting in a 2 high shell playing zone coverage on the 2 yard line when the offense is in 14, 22, 23, or 32 personnel.

It's situational football. Every defense changes under the 10 yard line, and even more so under the 5 yard line.
I saw HH completely whiff on wide-open throws to Fidone enough times last year to say, "No thanks." It felt like at least once every game, Fidone would be all alone over the middle, and HH would throw a completely uncatchable ball.

If HH sees the field this season in anything but clean up duty, something has gone terribly wrong. I tolerated him last year because I thought he was the shiniest turd we had. And he regressed over the course of the year. Still think he was better than Sims but in retrospect not sure he was better than McCaffery.

Really hoping that transfer Gramstad can take over the critical #2 job.

Anyone who responds that we need him on the field at TE or some other position I'm gonna tater

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back