Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Did we know this sbout Paul Chryst and Cock Eye? (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
May be old news, but figured it was worth sharing if others haven't heard. I'd thought there was a coaching search thread, but didn't see it.

It sounds like the Cock Eye's are zeroing in on Philbin.

Sort of figured it'd be Chryst since he was such an arrogant prick when it came to Nebraska. Would've fit right in with the town that smells like a hog confinement facility along I-80

Last edited:

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Chryst would have been a great choice, but I don’t think Kirk wants to give up any control and probably lashing out since they made him get rid of his son.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
This Philbin

Episode 4 Cooking GIF by The Simpsons

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I'm not sure not getting a job qualifies as a "snub" there, Badgernotes.

I was not that familiar with Philbin, but he's actually got a pretty impressive resume. I think that's a decent hire for Io_a.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Town? Whole damn state, IMO
Ha ha.

I've mostly noticed it when driving from Des Moines to Davenport, but the smell doesn't start until you get about an hour east of Des Moines. It's not every time I travel through, but frequently.

Speaking of Davenport, I was there and driving around city limits for the 1st time in my life vs. passing through on the interstate. That city is a considerable yikes.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
I actually think this is a pretty poor choice by Kirk. Chryst would be a great fit there
Is it though? It sounds like Regis has some NFL experience. That could be helpful with recruiting and creative thinking.

But, I do think Chryst is a good fit also.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Chryst would have been a great choice, but I don’t think Kirk wants to give up any control and probably lashing out since they made him get rid of his son.
Now THIS doesn't surprise me. The Ferentz's strike me as petty and vindictive - as well as control freaks. Basically everything from the 1950's.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Is it though? It sounds like Regis has some NFL experience. That could be helpful with recruiting and creative thinking.

But, I do think Chryst is a good fit also.
I jus think Big 10 specifically, hard to go wrong with Chryst as your OC.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This is actually why I thought Chryst would be a good fit - he spent his time at Wisconsin being Alverez's puppet. Being Ferentz puppet would have been very natural for him.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
This is actually why I thought Chryst would be a good fit - he spent his time at Wisconsin being Alverez's puppet. Being Ferentz puppet would have been very natural for him.
Or maybe he's realized that being a puppet master vs. a Bert or Ernie is more appealing?

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
As a lifelong Miami Dolphins fan, Joe Philbin's offense was more vanilla than a North Carolina stripper's body oil. He was also a pompous asshole that alienated players & got rid of beloved vets. This is on-brand for Cockeye.
@Dawgsauce GITT and confirm that southern strippers are vanilla. Sumbitch

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds