Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Deion to Nebraska done deal..... (2 Viewers)

doublewing

Running Back
You got me. I’m happy to be wrong after seeing his antics at CU.
09aeb008-3093-40cb-9572-f8b187d00b30_text.gif

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I still kind of worry about that. He won't go full Jeff Sims but any FR QB in his first big game may have some FR QB mistakes.

I think the defense will help out as much as they can to make it a W.
I expect Raiola to have some poor moments, but can anyone be as bad as Sims was against Colorado last year? We have better lines up front and the crowd should be hostile. Hopefully it translates into an ass raping, but a win by one point is good enough. We just can’t lose that game.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
I expect Raiola to have some poor moments, but can anyone be as bad as Sims was against Colorado last year? We have better lines up front and the crowd should be hostile. Hopefully it translates into an ass raping, but a win by one point is good enough. We just can’t lose that game.
No but their offense will put up some points. Our defense isn’t elite. It’s good. But they have some playmakers

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
(He always was). I’m still amazed how many people bought his bullshit.
TBF Deion had a lot of serious football people saying he was a legit coach, hard-ass, grinder, disciplinarian. I know Urban Meyer was one who was dead serious in saying Deion was going to be a great CFB coach. There were 5-6 others at the time too.

Looking back, I think it's obvious that those coaches all fell for Deion's bullshit. ie they listened to his words and didn't actually examine what he actually did at JSU.

I wonder if we'll ever find out if Turd interviewed Deion. IIRC there was a plane that went from Lincoln to Jackson, MS around the time Turd was doing all his private flights.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
TBF Deion had a lot of serious football people saying he was a legit coach, hard-ass, grinder, disciplinarian. I know Urban Meyer was one who was dead serious in saying Deion was going to be a great CFB coach. There were 5-6 others at the time too.

Looking back, I think it's obvious that those coaches all fell for Deion's bullshit. ie they listened to his words and didn't actually examine what he actually did at JSU.

I wonder if we'll ever find out if Turd interviewed Deion. IIRC there was a plane that went from Lincoln to Jackson, MS around the time Turd was doing all his private flights.
True, but what someone says publicly is hardly indicative of their true feelings. I’d be curious what was said behind closed doors. You simply don’t hear criticism from those types of people in the public domain.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
True, but what someone says publicly is hardly indicative of their true feelings. I’d be curious what was said behind closed doors. You simply don’t hear criticism from those types of people in the public domain.
I'm saying that people like Urban Meyer fell for the BS that Deion was giving him when they talked off camera. He said he'd talked to Deion while he was at JSU and learned his coaching philosophies. So Urban was proclaiming that Deion was going to be a hardnosed disciplinarian coach bc that's the shit that Deion always talks about (off camera and on).

Urban fell for the BS.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I'm saying that people like Urban Meyer fell for the BS that Deion was giving him when they talked off camera. He said he'd talked to Deion while he was at JSU and learned his coaching philosophies. So Urban was proclaiming that Deion was going to be a hardnosed disciplinarian coach bc that's the shit that Deion always talks about (off camera and on).

Urban fell for the BS.
In Urbans defense, if he had come out and said that Deion is a dumbshit then Urban probably would have been fired

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Looks like I didn't participate in this thread the first time around. This would have been just as I was joining this board.

But I will admit for about 5 minutes when it looked like we were destined for Jeff Monkenn or some other small name I can't even remeber, I thought "What the heck. Let's take a flyer on Sanders and see what happens. Maybe he will bring in some big names and get this turned around." Shortly after, Rhule – my No. 1 choice all along – came back into play and I was off the Sanders bandwagon before my seat got warm.

Knowing what I know now, I'd take Monkenn or pretty much anyone else over Sanders, as I believe he is truly a program wrecker that will be a disaster for Colorodo in the short and medium term.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds