Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska fans spent all offseason bashing Deion. (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Don’t. Don’t you dare. I will have to retire if that happens.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
No way The Simulation™ will pass on this opportunity. It has been setting this up all year. Fox was running fucking Coach Prime ads all game that looks like some fucking reality TV show. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s just trying to annoy us as much as possible amplify the psychological damage of losing. I used to fear death. Every Husker game day that passes makes it seem less and less bad.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
No way The Simulation™ will pass on this opportunity. It has been setting this up all year. Fox was running fucking Coach Prime ads all game that looks like some fucking reality TV show. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s just trying to annoy us as much as possible amplify the psychological damage of losing. I used to fear death. Every Husker game day that passes makes it seem less and less bad.
the score will be 17-7 Nebraska with 7 minutes left. We will lose 21-17. The simulation is nothing if not predictable.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Before the season, with the prediction thread for today's game pinned on this site, I had zero confidence and simply not enough knowledge about our own team and players to give any prediction. I felt like we had lost most of our best offensive weapons from last season (Thompson and Palmer), and we seemed to continue to lose talented players in the offseason or during fall camp for one reason or the other (Betts, the talented frosh RB from last season, etc). My gut was our offense would struggle, but my hope was that Rhule and Co were smart enough to gameplan for what we do have in the cupboard.

As far as Colorado - same questions, really. What do they actually have for players that are any good? Do they have a better coaching staff than us? Is all the hype around them mostly hot air? I don't know the answers to those questions. Will know more if I can stomach watching them this weekend. We found out a good amount about what we have in the cupboard, tonight, and it's not a ton. So I would make no predictions about NU vs CU at this point. If anything, we seem to still be cursed with losing games - giving away games - in the exact same ways as we have been doing for years now. Until I see that changing, I don't have a ton of confidence in our team even breaking .500 for one damn season.

GBR305

Linebacker
I have to wait & see how they play TCU before I make a firm decision now. Our defense can keep us in any game I feel like but we may have the worst offense in America.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Jesus, we all had us losing as a non-homerism pick. And we lose, so is it really a surprise?

By all definitions, we gave Minnesota the game several times and they capitalized on it twice. So we beat them in a way. But now we're expecting to lose to a very bad rostered Colorado team led by a guy who talks about himself in third person?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Jesus, we all had us losing as a non-homerism pick. And we lose, so is it really a surprise?

By all definitions, we gave Minnesota the game several times and they capitalized on it twice. So we beat them in a way. But now we're expecting to lose to a very bad rostered Colorado team led by a guy who talks about himself in third person?
uh huh yes GIF by CBC

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds