Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska fans spent all offseason bashing Deion. (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jeff Sims will lose a bunch of winnable games this season. The opponents will be inconsequential.
Not arguing the 1st sentence. Minnesota is not a good team but they're not bad. As bad as Sims was last night it was a 3 point game. I may be proved wrong but I don't think Sims can lose to Colorado. Closer than it should be but not lose.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I honestly believe we're significantly better than Colorado and despite our knack for finding ways to lose will over power that bitch ass team.
Will The Simulation™ allow us to take the very obvious path to victory? My money is on it making us commit exactly enough penalties, throw precisely enough interceptions, and lose just enough fumbles to lose in the last minute of the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

We shouldn’t attempt more than 10 passes against Colorado based on what I saw today. We will throw just enough to ensure a loss.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Jesus, we all had us losing as a non-homerism pick. And we lose, so is it really a surprise?

By all definitions, we gave Minnesota the game several times and they capitalized on it twice. So we beat them in a way. But now we're expecting to lose to a very bad rostered Colorado team led by a guy who talks about himself in third person?

I've expected Nebraska to lose to Colorado for a while now. That's not going to change now.

Only thing that would change that is if they encounter a major injury to their QB vs TCU.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Not arguing the 1st sentence. Minnesota is not a good team but they're not bad. As bad as Sims was last night it was a 3 point game. I may be proved wrong but I don't think Sims can lose to Colorado. Closer than it should be but not lose.

Before the season started, I predicted Minnesota would lose 7 games. I still feel that way.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will The Simulation™ allow us to take the very obvious path to victory? My money is on it making us commit exactly enough penalties, throw precisely enough interceptions, and lose just enough fumbles to lose in the last minute of the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

We shouldn’t attempt more than 10 passes against Colorado based on what I saw today. We will throw just enough to ensure a loss.
I'd go 5 passes.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Jesus, we all had us losing as a non-homerism pick. And we lose, so is it really a surprise?

By all definitions, we gave Minnesota the game several times and they capitalized on it twice. So we beat them in a way. But now we're expecting to lose to a very bad rostered Colorado team led by a guy who talks about himself in third person?
Moral victory!

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG

This is the way

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Before the season, with the prediction thread for today's game pinned on this site, I had zero confidence and simply not enough knowledge about our own team and players to give any prediction. I felt like we had lost most of our best offensive weapons from last season (Thompson and Palmer), and we seemed to continue to lose talented players in the offseason or during fall camp for one reason or the other (Betts, the talented frosh RB from last season, etc). My gut was our offense would struggle, but my hope was that Rhule and Co were smart enough to gameplan for what we do have in the cupboard.

As far as Colorado - same questions, really. What do they actually have for players that are any good? Do they have a better coaching staff than us? Is all the hype around them mostly hot air? I don't know the answers to those questions. Will know more if I can stomach watching them this weekend. We found out a good amount about what we have in the cupboard, tonight, and it's not a ton. So I would make no predictions about NU vs CU at this point. If anything, we seem to still be cursed with losing games - giving away games - in the exact same ways as we have been doing for years now. Until I see that changing, I don't have a ton of confidence in our team even breaking .500 for one damn season.
I know one thing about CU, and that is they aren't Nebraska. Nebraska found a way to lose to NW last season. After last night, I'm convinced they can find a way to lose to CU.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I know one thing about CU, and that is they aren't Nebraska. Nebraska found a way to lose to NW last season. After last night, I'm convinced they can find a way to lose to CU.

Yeah, we haven't seemed to excise that demon yet. Until we show we can win close games and 4th qtrs, I will suspend belief until we do it, and hopefully start doing it consistently. We upchucked the game in the 4th Thursday night badly.

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
Travis Hunter is going to haunt Sims...they will tear his ass apart if he keeps staring down his receivers. We better pray we can run the damn ball or we are in deep shit.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Travis Hunter is going to haunt Sims...they will tear his ass apart if he keeps staring down his receivers. We better pray we can run the damn ball or we are in deep shit.
And stick with the run when it's not always working.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Relax! Giving up 40 points isn't ass kicking! Plus TCU will suck dick this year.

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
Relax! Giving up 40 points isn't ass kicking! Plus TCU will suck dick this year.
I hope so...Colorado has the morale right now. They just proved themselves to a bunch of people that said they can't win a game. We just lost a game that everyone knew we had in the bag due to stupid shit. There is still a lingering fart of the Frost curse hanging around. I'm seriously worried about our "passing game"...the O-Line sucks at pass blocking, our QB stares down his target, and one of our receivers is super short so if Sims overthrows it even a little it's a pick risk.

Anyway, I'm going to get my hopes up like always and pray that we destroy CU. We got rid of the imposter Herbie and brought back Solich so something good has to happen...right?

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
No way The Simulation™ will pass on this opportunity. It has been setting this up all year. Fox was running fucking Coach Prime ads all game that looks like some fucking reality TV show. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s just trying to annoy us as much as possible amplify the psychological damage of losing. I used to fear death. Every Husker game day that passes makes it seem less and less bad.
I want to be wrong someday.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds