Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Coach Prime info via Sean Dillon (2 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know we are not a CU board. I hate them with every fiber of my being. But I had this info passed along and thought it would at least be an interesting share.

My co-worker is still friends with Sean Dillon through their wives. The former Dir. of Player Personnel under Frost was just hired by San Diego St. in a similar role. Dillon goes way back with new Aztecs HC, Sean Lewis, as they went to high school together in the Chicago suburbs. Lewis, as everyone probably knows, left his job as the HC of Kent St. to be the OC at Colorado under coach Prime.

Here's where the story gets fun: Lewis was demoted with 4 games left in favor of NFL re-tread Pat Shurmer. Prime never gave a definitive reason publicly, and the media never pressed him on why Lewis was demoted. The reality was, Lewis got demoted because coach Prime found out he was interviewing for HC vacancies. He was so pissed, he not only demoted him, he basically iced him out from any official coaching capacity...practice, gameday, etc.

It shouldn't be a surprise that over half his staff from last year left. The "working environment there is even worse than you can imagine." (that's a direct quote in a text from Lewis to Dillon) Prime is hardly ever present for team meetings or coaches meetings, only interacts with about 5% of the team, and often the first time the other coaches would see him in the morning would be him doing an interview on TV. The only reason the program was able to operate is because the rest of the staff was made up of experienced coaches who were pros and genuinely cared for the players.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's funny because when Whitlock had the two former CU players on his show about 6 weeks ago the stuff they said about Prime's coaching was identical to this. Almost verbatim.

But you had everyone going "bunch of scrubs making stuff up about Prime".....it was pretty clear they were telling the truth.

At some point you're gonna have like 100 reports that all say the same thing about Prime's coaching/culture/program. People are going to have to admit it at some point.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
SOunds like he is putting in about a quarter of the effort Frost put in. I know many players, especially on defense, said Frost barely if ever spoke with them. The Davis twins were our stud defensive players when Frost first got here and in an interview after they graduated they said they only spoke with Scott a couple times.

Also backs up what we heard from 4 star TE Carter Nelson when he visited Colorado that Coach Prime was only at practice when the cameras were there for interviews. Prime didn't even meet with Carter or his family. We keepin receipts Prime, we keepin receipts.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
He is going to leave Colorado in a worse place than he found it, which before I would've thought was impossible. When he leaves, any player that is worth a damn is going to follow him. What a shit show.
Follow him where? If he doesn’t win, he’s not going up or sideways; he’s either retiring or going back down divisions.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Follow him where? If he doesn’t win, he’s not going up or sideways; he’s either retiring or going back down divisions.
Michael Richards Yes GIF

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
SOunds like he is putting in about a quarter of the effort Frost put in. I know many players, especially on defense, said Frost barely if ever spoke with them. The Davis twins were our stud defensive players when Frost first got here and in an interview after they graduated they said they only spoke with Scott a couple times.

Also backs up what we heard from 4 star TE Carter Nelson when he visited Colorado that Coach Prime was only at practice when the cameras were there for interviews. Prime didn't even meet with Carter or his family. We keepin receipts Prime, we keepin receipts.

Ashton Murphy was a player that Bill O’Boyle really wanted. When Ashton went out there for an unofficial over the summer Deion didn’t even acknowledge he was on campus.

Further, we’re from more than one person who’s been on campus now that there are two sets of rules at Colorado: One for “Coach Prime’s guys” and one for everyone else.

It’s abundantly clear to me that Deion has one more year left at Colorado and he’s done. When I say “done” I’m not talking about taking another P5 job. I’m saying I doubt he coaches anywhere else. Look at his work constructing the roster and tell me it doesn’t scream that he’s putting all of his eggs into 2024 and anything after that doesn’t matter.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ashton Murphy was a player that Bill O’Boyle really wanted. When Ashton went out there for an unofficial over the summer Deion didn’t even acknowledge he was on campus.

Further, we’re from more than one person who’s been on campus now that there are two sets of rules at Colorado: One for “Coach Prime’s guys” and one for everyone else.

It’s abundantly clear to me that Deion has one more year left at Colorado and he’s done. When I say “done” I’m not talking about taking another P5 job. I’m saying I doubt he coaches anywhere else. Look at his work constructing the roster and tell me it doesn’t scream that he’s putting all of his eggs into 2024 and anything after that doesn’t matter.
I think Prime desperately wants Shedeur/Travis Hunter to eek out an 8-4 season for him this year so Deion can go back to TV as the "great program builder." And then he can forever be known as the amazing turnaround guy and all the NFL/CFB analysts will proclaim him as such.

Then for the next 10 yrs on studio shows anytime there is an opening at a struggling 2-10 school the other analysts will go "______ school needs to call up my man Prime... he'd turn that 2-10 into an 8-4 in two years."

It's going to be unbearable listening to Prime be "the CFB expert" on TV studio shows for the next 10 yrs after he quits Colorado. Let us hope he stays in NFL shows and far away from CFB.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds