Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Christopher Nolan might direct the next Bond movies with Henry Cavil as Bond (1 Viewer)

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Bond movies are sort of lame so if this isn't internet bullshit, it might be interesting. Idk why Nolan would ever do something like that...

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
racist wonder showzen GIF

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
1) I would love actually having a movie set during the Cold War again.

2) I have never heard Cavil linked to this at all other than the above tweet which is simply a picture of them together.
2. He’s always been a frontrunner. I’m sure there has been talks.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
1) I would love actually having a movie set during the Cold War again.

2) I have never heard Cavil linked to this at all other than the above tweet which is simply a picture of them together.
I can remember a few years back, before the last Bond when Craig was talking about being done, seeing his name thrown out there. I had a hard time going from Superman to Bond with him, but I've warmed up to the idea.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Idris Elba get a shot at it, but idk if they'd ever do a black Bond.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Love Bond movies. So many good memories in the 80's of watching them on the tube with my dad. It's a hell of a franchise. The different Bond actors all brought their own vibe and energy. Along with the ever changing decades/style and how the movies were being made as the franchise has evolved over the many years.

I would prefer Nolan would not muck things up by getting involved. He might say he will stay true to the franchise, but I have my doubts. He is an excellent director, but can also be overbearing with his brush.

Cavill has long been in the running for Bond. He was almost the choice before Craig, but they thought Cavill was too young at the time. He is almost too-stereotyped for the role, though. Craig brought a different vibe to the movies he was in, and it was a good thing for the Bond franchise. Who the next Bond is will be interesting.

I also think Elba would be excellent. But he is likely too old for them at this point, and I think even he has said he is past his due date to be Bond. I think that ship has sailed.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Huh. I didn’t even realize Cavill was British.

I’m a big fan of Nolan movies. I almost think doing something like Bond would take away his biggest skill and trademark, which is messing with time and timelines. But I guess he didn’t do that with the Dark Knight movies and they tuned out fine.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds