Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Matt Rhule might be our Nick Saban (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Think about it.

Saban coached college, then crashed and burned in the NFL, then went back to college. Rhule will be the same way.

Prior to Saban, Alabama had Mike Schula, their former Alabama QB who was supposed to right the ship. Didn't work out. Enter Saban. Nebraska is the same way. We had Frost, our former QB who was supposed to right the ship. Didn't work out. Now we get Rhule and he is going to win natty's for us.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Think about it.

Saban coached college, then crashed and burned in the NFL, then went back to college. Rhule will be the same way.

Prior to Saban, Alabama had Mike Schula, their former Alabama QB who was supposed to right the ship. Didn't work out. Enter Saban. Nebraska is the same way. We had Frost, our former QB who was supposed to right the ship. Didn't work out. Now we get Rhule and he is going to win natty's for us.

aunty-donna-mark-bonanno.gif

whoboppin

Linebacker
If its Rhule, Its a Harbaugh or Franklin level hire IMO. Nebraska will be a consistent 9-10 win team (in the regular season) and in up seasons compete for Big Ten Titles and playoff births (12 team playoff not 4).

If this season has taught me anything, it is that the teams we play are dogshit. Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Cockeye, Purdue, NW, these are fucking trash programs that are happy to go 7-5 and make the Meineke Car Care Bowl. They don't have NIL and they dont use the portal. If Nebraska gets any sort of competent coach they are going like 10-2 every year. It kind of sucks that the Big Ten West is going away.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Think about it.

Hopefully you’re not as wrong as Tim Brando.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
true story - @#HBD and i went out for day drinking at the end of a mega bender weekend when i lived in houston way back in the day. come to find out, gay drinking on sunday afternoon with brunch and everything is a huge deal around the neighborhood i lived in. long story short, it was nearing closing time and he hops in a Maserati or some bullshit fancy sports car with a not straight Iranian fellow and you can use your imagination from there. not saying anything happened between the two of them, but a compelling case can be made either way.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
true story - @#HBD and i went out for day drinking at the end of a mega bender weekend when i lived in houston way back in the day. come to find out, gay drinking on sunday afternoon with brunch and everything is a huge deal around the neighborhood i lived in. long story short, it was nearing closing time and he hops in a Maserati or some bullshit fancy sports car with a not straight Iranian fellow and you can use your imagination from there. not saying anything happened between the two of them, but a compelling case can be made either way.
eli-manning.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds