Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Casey Thompson? (2 Viewers)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I could see Casey being willing to be a back up. with his injury history and coming off an ACL tear no one is going to hand him a starting job. he can get a 6 figure NIL deal, spend another year banging college girls and get a head start on his coaching career

btw, the fact that we can hire a 7th year guy to make his 3rd transfer to be a back up perfectly encapsulates the clusterfuck that is college football in 2023. might as well end the charade and just be NFL Lite

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Hahaha this is fucking wild. Honestly beyond the absolute hilarity of it, he would be the EXACT type of transfer I would want to come in with Raiola haha. Tonssss of experience, decent enough talent, great work ethic, knows his time as an NFL hopeful is over so he’s apparently content being a mentor you can count on, etc.

And of course the fact that he was ALREADY A PLAYER HERE is just insane icing on the cake haha.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
I could see Casey being willing to be a back up. with his injury history and coming off an ACL tear no one is going to hand him a starting job. he can get a 6 figure NIL deal, spend another year banging college girls and get a head start on his coaching career

btw, the fact that we can hire a 7th year guy to make his 3rd transfer to be a back up perfectly encapsulates the clusterfuck that is college football in 2023. might as well end the charade and just be NFL Lite
Exactly, he's in our student directory now so somethings going on...

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Cant Believe It Kevin James GIF by TV Land

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of legitimate smoke that he will be back for a backup / mentor DR year. Discuss below.

-He’s enrolled as a graduate student
-He was working out with players today
- @shortbusdriver7 said to prepare for him
He is still on the FAU 2024 roster

He has not entered the portal

Doesn’t mean he won’t. He can enter anytime as he is a grad.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
With the loss of McCord inorder to secure Raiola, this is about as good of an option as it gets.

That being said, I pray that we take McCord's NIL money and got out and get him as many weapons as possible.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hahaha this is fucking wild. Honestly beyond the absolute hilarity of it, he would be the EXACT type of transfer I would want to come in with Raiola haha. Tonssss of experience, decent enough talent, great work ethic, knows his time as an NFL hopeful is over so he’s apparently content being a mentor you can count on, etc
It's fucking brilliant is what it is. His body is literally broken from 6 yrs of CFB. But he could make a start or two if needed. Worst case is Dylan tears an ACL in game 2 but even then you could wheel out Casey and run a hand-off only running game & decent passing game.

I'd want another QB in that situation though so hopefully our 3rd string would be decent. I guess it'd be HH.

Other QBs are not going to want to come here since they know Dylan is starter. This is as good a QB as you can hope to get.

Huskers12392

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
is Casey even eligible to transfer again? Admittedly I lose track of how that would work with a guy who has that many years in college.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds