Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey Thompson In Portal (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Anyway back to Casey it was probably a mutual decision the coaches wanted a more mobile QB and Casey didn't want to get the shit beat out of him again playing behind our OL.
I don't know if it was mutual... I think Rhule and co wanted to have Casey. They just know they want more QB run game.

Maybe that is what you meant behind it being mutual.

I think if Casey felt like he was a better fit he would stay, but he isn't with where they want to go.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know if it was mutual... I think Rhule and co wanted to have Casey. They just know they want more QB run game.

Maybe that is what you meant behind it being mutual.

I think if Casey felt like he was a better fit he would stay, but he isn't with where they want to go.
If the stuff posted is true ("CT can't come back" and "Smothers was told the CT was likely leaving and he - Smothers - would be welcomed back if he changed his mind" then I am guessing Rhule levelled with CT but was hoping he'd stay. If not that, that CT did something at that meeting that burned bridges.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
You guys better tell Rhule
Tone - it's almost like when you have adults running the program, you have contingencies in place, huh? It's ALMOST like this was always written on the wall between the surgery and the coaching change - so Rhule brought in a viable Power 5 starter to fill a potential need.

Whether we like Sims or not, whether he works out or not is TBD - but at least we aren't losing our only experience 2 weeks before week 1 like Frostie did with Gebbia and all of a sudden our options were a True Freshman (who was an athletic freak wasted by his staff) or Andrew fuggin Bunch.

Adults are in charge. We are fine.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fully concur.
Bonus points if you get this one

3c11119d-dea2-4844-afcd-4daa8c374993_text.gif

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Wasn't there a rumor that Flores might be looking to leave Oklahoma St already? I reached out to some of my West Point relatives that know his grandma but haven't heard anything back from them. fucking relatives.
Exactly, I read that somewhere. Flores flipping from OSU here and trade-in for Casey to OSU? We can dream this will happen.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Deab put out his "reaction" to Casey transferring. Classic Dean "we all knew this weeks ago we just didn't say it" reaction. He's the best MMQB in the game today.

Sip and Dean have been talking about how epic the Sims/Thompson fall camp battle is gonna be for the last 2 months! LMAO. But it's nice to know Dean knew this was happening all along. 😂 Callahan just has complete and utter disdain for his readers.

Screenshot_20230428_115650_Chrome.jpg

Toe

Wide Receiver
I always thought Thompson had more ability as a runner than we'd really seen from him (like his dad), he'd just never had a coach/OC who liked to use QB runs. He would've needed some time to practice as a runner, though, and this spring would have been the time to do it. Kinda feels like a case of unfortunate timing to me.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Deab put out his "reaction" to Casey transferring. Classic Dean "we all knew this weeks ago we just didn't say it" reaction. He's the best MMQB in the game today.

Sip and Dean have been talking about how epic the Sims/Thompson fall camp battle is gonna be for the last 2 months! LMAO. But it's nice to know Dean knew this was happening all along. 😂 Callahan just has complete and utter disdain for his readers.

View attachment 22532

It’s mind boggling anyone is still on that site @#HBD

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds