Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey Thompson In Portal (3 Viewers)

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Nebraska quarterback Casey Thompson enters NCAA Transfer Portal​

Alex Weber • about 9 hours
Casey Thompson Nebraska at Purdue
(Photo by Zach Bolinger/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

Nebraska quarterback Casey Thompson has entered the Transfer Portal, according to Tater Island’s Matt Zenitz.

The journeyman QB will once again transfer after spending three years at Texas and then one year with the Cornhuskers. He’ll be a graduate transfer with one more year of eligibility left.

Thompson ought to be a very hot commodity on the QB market. Sure, he’s never been a star since becoming a starter, but a passer with his pedigree and experience makes him a top option among portal prospects for teams looking for a new starter.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm shocked .. Really liked Casey, but time to move on. If Sims gets hurt, we're really really fucked this season ..
exactly like we were fucked when casey went down last year. Cost us 3 games.

same boat this year. if HH, or purdy or smothers has to start a game or two this year, it's an automatic loss.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I honestly just think Jeff Sims is viewed as a better player than Casey Thompson by this staff.

He looked pretty dang good in the spring game, he can run the ball some. I hate Thompson is leaving because I think he's a good player. But Rhule and Co are rolling with Sims, and to be fair they've seen Sims in their offense and not Thompson.
Rhule & Satterfield want a guy that can beat you with his legs as well. They're not going to have token "read" like under Whipple where it was zone read, but it really wasn't zone read because everyone knew damn good and well CT wasn't keeping the ball.

But the kid was tough and could throw the football. But whatever. It sucks because if Sims would get hurt, there's a big drop off IMO.

But Sims as a starter. Yeah, I like it because from what I've seen so far. They're going to run the ball, run a ton of RPOs (which I think Sims is really good at) and take shots (Which I also think Sims is pretty solid at).

My personal opinion, if they do some QB runs, not just reads. Bring in Haarberg and run Q power, or Q counter. Or some specific Q Run RPO that he can execute. And you'll be fine.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds