Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bourbon/spirit trade and info sharing thread (3 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Do you have trouble finding any of those? The only one I can’t get is Bardstown, but it isnt sold in MO. I’ve managed to get a couple bottles in IL, though. All the others are solid, and always on the shelf, although if you like Old Forester 100, I don’t see a reason for the 86. And while I love Russell’s, I am not much for the 10. The single barrels are significantly better, albeit more expensive.
Haven’t really tried. The only one I really found that I was legit looking for was BT because it’s always fun to check the shelves for that.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Haven’t really tried. The only one I really found that I was legit looking for was BT because it’s always fun to check the shelves for that.
Things are starting to stay on the shelves longer, and previously allocated stuff is no longer allocated. The market is definitely calming down

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
On the on but off topic post here, I quit doing the whole Veteran Whiskey Club Ambassador thing here in Omaha. It's across the US and I wanted to try to run with it here. The issue with planning events is that there is no social media person and I'm not going to promote shit on Facebook. Facebook or any social media is kind of dull for me. I'll respond to events, but I ain't going to spend time doing setup and promotions.

So after like 3 months of trying to set up events throughout Omaha for Veterans/Military, I called quits.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
As someone with over 450 whiskies in my collection, I’ve pivoted from buying anything that has good reviews or is a limited edition. Went away from LE’s a long time ago actually. Just not financially feasible or worth it. I mainly just buy certain labels. My go-tos are:
- Any Willett Family Estate release. Have a ton of the four years but also a dozen or so purple tops and older age statements. Kind of love the bottle shape but also a fan of their distillery overall.
- Barrells… I don’t buy every bottle I see, but I’ve liked a lot of what they do.
- New Riffs. Same as barrell.
- cool custom barrel labels. I’ve got a thanos label and a band of brothers label along with a Rhule label. Those are all pretty fun.

Overall, I’ve shifted from whiskies to things like Amaro’s. Those have fun labels and all have different flavors. High proof cocktails basically. Also looking at good quality liqueurs too.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
As someone with over 450 whiskies in my collection,
- cool custom barrel labels. I’ve got a thanos label and a band of brothers label along with a Rhule label. Those are all pretty fun.

Overall, I’ve shifted from whiskies to things like Amaro’s. Those have fun labels and all have different flavors. High proof cocktails basically. Also looking at good quality liqueurs too.
Continue Go On GIF by James Bond 007

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
As someone with over 450 whiskies in my collection, I’ve pivoted from buying anything that has good reviews or is a limited edition. Went away from LE’s a long time ago actually. Just not financially feasible or worth it. I mainly just buy certain labels. My go-tos are:
- Any Willett Family Estate release. Have a ton of the four years but also a dozen or so purple tops and older age statements. Kind of love the bottle shape but also a fan of their distillery overall.
- Barrells… I don’t buy every bottle I see, but I’ve liked a lot of what they do.
- New Riffs. Same as barrell.

Have you heard what is going on with Barrel? Thought I heard they were going to be or had been bought out.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I’m not at home this week so can’t copy my own picture but dug up someone else who posted theirs. Will have to take pics of the others when I get home. Thanos and BoB were from Sherry’s in DC. 1 west DuPont often has fun labeled things, too.

Another board had a member who did a Nashville barrel pick and added a Rhule label. My plan is to open it the night we beat CU. Along with some other high end shit. Doing a dudes weekend in St. Michael’s MD so really hoping for some celebratory drams and cigars.

1720016059564.png

Chris11Hunting

Bench Warmer
Btw, I am looking for a Maker’s wood finishing series, EH Taylor Single Barrell or Barrell Prood or Rye. Weller FP or Antique 107, and am willing to trade or pay to have them sent because I can’t find that shit near me, and my buddy in Louisville can’t find them near SRP either.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
dsbigred1 said:
Btw, I am looking for a Maker’s wood finishing series, EH Taylor Single Barrell or Barrell Prood or Rye. Weller FP or Antique 107, and am willing to trade or pay to have them sent because I can’t find that shit near me, and my buddy in Louisville can’t find them near SRP either.

still looking for most of those, although I have gotten 4 Makers Wood Finishing (FAE-01, BRT-01 &2, and BEP).

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
You try it yet? I used to go to that Binny’s every 2 weeks on my way home from Chicago
Not yet.just bought it two hours ago. I’ll crack it open when I get back home on Friday.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Benny’s is great.

If you’re in Chicago area, have you gone to the violet hour or Delilah’s? VH had amazing cocktails and ambience. Delilah’s had a great whiskey selection and their prices were fantastic. It’s been five years since I’ve been but highly recommend.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Got a Buckner’s 10 and a Found North Single Barrel at the Bottle share tonight. Not a cheap night, but it makes up for the incredible disappointment of the Russell’s 15 disaster earlier in the day. That nearly brought me to tears

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Benny’s is great.

If you’re in Chicago area, have you gone to the violet hour or Delilah’s? VH had amazing cocktails and ambience. Delilah’s had a great whiskey selection and their prices were fantastic. It’s been five years since I’ve been but highly recommend.
I’ve not been. I’d be up there for work, and stopped at Binny’s because it was on the way. I needed this information years ago Bor!

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
If you had to say what your favorite whiskey or bourbon is, what is it and what about the flavor makes it your favorite?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds