Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bourbon/spirit trade and info sharing thread (8 Viewers)

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
If you had to say what your favorite whiskey or bourbon is, what is it and what about the flavor makes it your favorite?
Wild Turkey or Old Forester is my tops. Can’t pick between the 2, because I really enjoy their entire lines. Working on getting the Russell’s 15, and a Wild Turkey 101 12 year. In a raffle for the 15 on Thursday. The WT 101 12 isn’t sold in the US, so I have to buy online

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Tonight was nuts… Got to try Weller 107, Pappy Lot B, EC 18, Found North 19 year, Blanton’s Gold, Penelope Rio, Russell’s 13 and 15 year, Maker’s Cellar Aged and the Heart Release, Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend, Blood Oath Pact #8, and Heaven Hill Grain to Glass, and those are just the highlights… Also had Buckners 10 and 17, Hardin’s Creek 11, Penelope Tokaji, JD SB BP Ryes 133.2 and 136.6… what a night!

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
That’s an impressive list that gives me heartburn thinking about driving it all in one night.

I finally cracked open the Dickel 15 year. Very good.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
That’s an impressive list that gives me heartburn thinking about driving it all in one night.

I finally cracked open the Dickel 15 year. Very good.
Really, we are having a pretty small pour of each, but I will say that the Russell’s 15 is incredible. For me, definitely better than the Lot B. I probably tried about 20 or so.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Some fuckface brought Malort?
Yep. That was the joke when he whipped out.

Never having it myself, I tried it.

Awkward The Office GIF

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This is my first spring/summer that I've been into whiskey. My favorite has been the Woodford Reserve Rye. What are some good Whiskeys/Ryes I need to try? Haven't branched out much since I've liked this one so much.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
This is my first spring/summer that I've been into whiskey. My favorite has been the Woodford Reserve Rye. What are some good Whiskeys/Ryes I need to try? Haven't branched out much since I've liked this one so much.
Willett Family Estate

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
These are always a good start for your money, but kinda more on the hard to find side of things:

IMG_5618.jpeg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds