Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bourbon/spirit trade and info sharing thread (1 Viewer)

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Grabbed a Red Line Honey Barrel Finish store pick from my spot. It’s supposedly the only honey Barrel finish for them being released this year. I got to be part of the barrel selection with a bunch of other people. Also got it signed by their Master Distiller.
Also have a friend doing tastings at Four Roses, BT, Wild Turkey, and Woodford next week. They may hit up OF, HH and Beam, too, but aren’t sure about those. I gave him a list of bottles that is fairly extensive if he has a chance to pick them up.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Had the new Little Book last night. Not bad, but it didn’t make me want to pull the trigger on it for the price.
Also had a buddy on the bourbon trail, so I gave him a list of bottles for the places he was visiting, but the only one available was a Four Roses SB Barrel Strength OESQ

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
View attachment 38668

This came in a gift package from WBS in Omaha. I got the heads up. One per customer. Only two left when I grabbed one.
The proof and wood government series has been pretty good. I think I’ve been able to buy all of them as they come out but don’t have a checklist or anything to verify. I believe my favorite was the 2017 presidential dram bourbon. Need to do a taste test across all to make sure.
Had the new Little Book last night. Not bad, but it didn’t make me want to pull the trigger on it for the price.
Also had a buddy on the bourbon trail, so I gave him a list of bottles for the places he was visiting, but the only one available was a Four Roses SB Barrel Strength OESQ
What was the blend in the little book? I’ve only ever had the first release which included a significant amount of 40 year Canadian. It was really good.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
The proof and wood government series has been pretty good. I think I’ve been able to buy all of them as they come out but don’t have a checklist or anything to verify. I believe my favorite was the 2017 presidential dram bourbon. Need to do a taste test across all to make sure.

What was the blend in the little book? I’ve only ever had the first release which included a significant amount of 40 year Canadian. It was really good.
6 different ryes, and an 18 year old bourbon

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds