Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Noon Kickoff vs. Cuckaloes

Every time you throw the ball on Colorado you do them a favor. The approach we’ll take to this game vs the one TCU took is going to be vastly different. Shoot, if you can get a stop on their first possession they may only get two in the 1H.
I hope you’re right. I guess I’m not as confident as you because in the 3rd when it was clear we were establishing a rhythm Satt went full Whipple and tried to throw it

If we run it 50 times we will win. 28-24 Neb. They cant stop the run or sims running. However if we try to throw the ball anywhere near hunter satt should be tarmac'd

100%

This week I’ve proclaimed myself president of the Run the Damn Ball club.

We have advantages on both sides of the LOS and a large one on Special Teams. Physicality is the key this week. If you’re more physical than them you win comfortably.

One thing that worries me is I think one of our biggest advantages on defense is the matchup of our DL against their OL. But they roll out the QB so much and get rid of the ball so quickly I don't think it's going to matter.

I think Colorado could dink and dunk us for 35+ and I just don't think we're built to score that many points. And if our DBs play them tight, they have the speed to make us pay over the top. We didn't even seem to have the confidence to play Minnesota's receivers tight. Now they're no slouches but Colorado's are better I think and CU's QB is definitely a better thrower.

Blowing up a roster like Colorado did wouldn’t work here. We’ve been bad for so long, it’s hard to get good players to want to come here.

Yes, we get a few, but not a lot. Winning will cure that. Yes, Colorado went 1-11 last year and hasn’t been good for awhile. But Deion has a star power that draws people to him.

I'm an average person - the staff is fine. The roster is the issue.
I'll go one further...I actually am not mad at Satterfield. I thought he called a pretty good game. The game went 99.9999% how Rhule and Satterfield expected it to go. That was our only way to win that game and they put us in position to win it.

Things I'm mad at:
1 - Sims for not reading the coverages
2 - Barthel for putting Grant in on last drive
3 - OL for the penalties on the goal line (cost us 2 TDs)

Rhule telegraphed was he was going to do to win the MN game and he got like 99.5% of the way there. Not sure why people are mad at Rhule/staff...they showed they're savvy B1G coaches with that game plan. Criticize them on anything and it would be the decision to pick Sims last JAN, but I don't know what other QBs they had options for.

Blowing up a roster like Colorado did wouldn’t work here. We’ve been bad for so long, it’s hard to get good players to want to come here.

Yes, we get a few, but not a lot. Winning will cure that. Yes, Colorado went 1-11 last year and hasn’t been good for awhile. But Deion has a star power that draws people to him.
Also the image of Deion running off all these western Nebraska hard working kids and saying "fuck you birch" to them on their way out probably wouldn't have gone over well in this state.

It worked in Colorado bc their fans don't give a shit. They have the Broncos, Rockies, Avs, Nuggets, etc

Also the image of Deion running off all these western Nebraska hard working kids and saying "fuck you birch" to them on their way out probably wouldn't have gone over well in this state.

It worked in Colorado bc their fans don't give a shit. They have the Broncos, Rockies, Avs, Nuggets, etc
Exactly.

Calm down. CU is a glorified WAC team, not 2019 LSU. They can put up points, but have huge flaws that can be exploited. TCU choked away that game as much as CU won it.
If you think that offense is the level of a WAC team then you’ll learn on Saturday. That offense is for real and extremely well coached. You people are delusional. We’ve been the bug on the windshield for 20 years now and this coming weekend won’t be any different.

I'll go one further...I actually am not mad at Satterfield. I thought he called a pretty good game. The game went 99.9999% how Rhule and Satterfield expected it to go. That was our only way to win that game and they put us in position to win it.

Things I'm mad at:
1 - Sims for not reading the coverages
2 - Barthel for putting Grant in on last drive
3 - OL for the penalties on the goal line (cost us 2 TDs)

Rhule telegraphed was he was going to do to win the MN game and he got like 99.5% of the way there. Not sure why people are mad at Rhule/staff...they showed they're savvy B1G coaches with that game plan. Criticize them on anything and it would be the decision to pick Sims last JAN, but I don't know what other QBs they had options for.
Because they didn’t carry out the game plan and it led to a loss. Does anyone actually care about winning and losing anymore? We averaged over 5ypc with the RB’s but only gave them the ball 17 times. We give them 25 carries and we win by double digits, it’s not rocket science.

A lot of people losing sight of this. It’s hard to replicate.

2 starters are biological children (including the most important position on the field), best player on the roster came with him from his previous stop, and his best recruit outside of that is Edwards, who has a relationship with Deion going back about a decade.

Obviously you give him credit but I think a lot of AD’s are going to find out this is the exception and not the rule.

Also- there’s only one Deion out there recruiting. There are 40 Matt Rhules. Get 40 Deions out there and you’re going to see a lesser concentration of talent.

How did CU do it then? They've won an average of 4 games a year for th last 15 seasons before this.
I believe I answered that in second paragraph. Deion has a star power that gave him an advantage.

A lot of people losing sight of this. It’s hard to replicate.

2 starters are biological children (including the most important position on the field), best player on the roster came with him from his previous stop, and his best recruit outside of that is Edwards, who has a relationship with Deion going back about a decade.

Obviously you give him credit but I think a lot of AD’s are going to find out this is the exception and not the rule.
Well said

If you think that offense is the level of a WAC team then you’ll learn on Saturday. That offense is for real and extremely well coached. You people are delusional. We’ve been the bug on the windshield for 20 years now and this coming weekend won’t be any different.
They can't run the ball, but they were smart to design what they did because it is much easier to quickly build a passing offense than a running offense.

Their defense is poor though. You run the ball, keep the ball away from them so they don't have it enough to build a rhythm, when they have it you keep the receivers in front of you. Make them execute on a number of plays to score, and if they do execute a number of times in a row, you have the short field helping the pass defense in the red zone.

Their offense will score points because Sanders is the wildcard in the redzone. You just have to limit opportunities with our own long scoring drives.

Because they didn’t carry out the game plan and it led to a loss. Does anyone actually care about winning and losing anymore? We averaged over 5ypc with the RB’s but only gave them the ball 17 times. We give them 25 carries and we win by double digits, it’s not rocket science.
What do you want to do, fire everyone?

I understand what you're saying but how does it manifest itself in real life? I'm not running Rhule's weekly check in meetings w the AD. I don't have any ability to "hold Rhule accountable." What is it that you want me to do?

I believe I answered that in second paragraph. Deion has a star power that gave him an advantage.
I agree with that. But combined with the way he runs his teams, that is really saying Sanders is a good coach, which few people in Nebraska wanted to believe.

Its quite funny how quickly the “They have no talent, nothing but midgets and TCU will boat race them by 60” became “well TCU sucks”

So if we don’t beat these midgets by 40 next week what the fuck are we?? Super midgets?

I agree with that. But combined with the way he runs his teams, that is really saying Sanders is a good coach, which few people in Nebraska wanted to believe.
Hindsight is 50-50 but it’s still pretty wild to me that people wanted to say an NFL hall of famer didn’t know ball lmao

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back