Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Per Big Noon, Deion going to Colorado (1 Viewer)

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Deon to the Puffs? He will recruit well and should be a good hire. Can't wait for next year's matchup in Boulder.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This is a great example of what Turd was trying to avoid. You do not want to get publicly turned down.

NTXHusker

Linebacker
There is talk in CFB media that CU is a way tougher recruiting job than most people give it credit for. Wouldn’t be surprised if Deion goes elsewhere
I work with a guy who used to be an assistant at CU. He said that recruiting and was exceptionally hard at CU, and that due to the altitude, any development takes about a year longer. I was sort of blown away by that but it makes sense

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Bienemy seems to make more sense for Buffs, but possibly they don't want to wait until after NFL season?

Deion makes no sense there at all. Colorado's lifeblood is recruiting the west coast, specifically California, and always will be. Very doubtful to me that Deion has enough sway in Cali to get top guys away from UCLA, USC, Ducks, etc and I'm dubious a ton of kids from down south are going to want to come to Boulder. He obviously has his own cache but he's also benefiting from the HBCU allure for some of these kids.

If I'm Deion I'm probably staying at JSU another year and see what comes open in the south next off-season. Here's a name for you....Miami Hurricanes. If Cristobal has another rough season, would they cut bait already?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Deion will either have better options this year or for sure next year.

Better options and a better fit.

I think Deion at a Southern ACC school is the best option for him. A weak schedule is huge for hype beast type coaches that need momentum or their act falls on deaf ears. (Ex: Frost)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
at thanksgiving I was told that Ryan Walters the DC for Illinois was confident he would get the Buff job. He already talked to a coach I know about joining his staff at CU so that news made the rounds in our group. He has worked with Walters and said he is the real deal. Maybe Walters was just assembling a list of potential coaches. I hope he raids Beilema's staff if he gets the job.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds